Comedian tells Israeli audience members to leave his festival show

57 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Absolutely racist behaviour but they are Jews so it's somewhat accepted by certain leanings.

To add however, anyone who heckles a comedian for being rude or offensive needs to get a life.

I don't find todays so called comedians funny at all . Give them a wide birth 

• Like 2

I worked for PIA for a short time,  once I looked up and Bernie Winters was peering through the window,  the manager whose office was directly

behind my chair called me away.(I'm C of E)

Edited by cressida

17 minutes ago, Bamanamanana said:

Who says it wasn't other Jews in the audience shouting at them for ruining their evening? ;)

Something tells me the audiences ire was probably more about that, than any notions of antisemitism.

Especially if the joke, in context, was funny!

The joke wasn't funny.

It wasn't racist either. As we don't know who was in the crowd well never know if it was other Jews or not who began heckling the couple but I would he surprised if they were. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bamanamanana said:

One wonders if there were any Jews in the audience who did find it funny?

This article is just not delivering the goods!

Funnily enough both Mike and Bernie Winters and Morecombe and Wise were Jewish. The Jewish people have  an impressive list of comedians in their ranks. Mel Brooks, Groucho Marx, Jerry Seinfeld, George Burns, Joan Rivers, Jack Benny, Des Ó Connor and many more.

They tend to have a good sense of humour, so I'd imagine there may well have been some that found it funny.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cressida said:

I worked for PIA for a short time,  once I looked up and Bernie Winters was peering through the window,  the manager whose office was directly

behind my chair called me away.(I'm C of E)

I had a friend who said he worked for PIA.

He was dyslexic and really worked for India Pale Ale.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 05/04/2024 at 11:57, monzaman said:

So this little dedicated lass doesn't get a bus to the HSBC ground but because of her story you thought you would mention SOME people getting buses to the HSBC just so you could once again try and make out the Blades as some kind of villains because you are a wed fan. Please stop it, the HSBC are selling ,we are buying end of.

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Two Israeli audience members were booed out of Reginald D Hunter’s comedy gig at the Edinburgh Fringe after they objected to a joke comparing the Jewish state to an abusive spouse, according to witnesses.

The American stand-up, 55, was heard telling two audience members to leave his Fluffy Fluffy Beavers show on Sunday night after they heckled him over the joke, calling it “not funny”.

The pair were met with jeers as they left the Assembly George Square Studios before Hunter then told a joke about the Jewish Chronicle website putting a review of one of his past shows behind a paywall, witnesses claimed.

The incident began when Hunter referenced a Channel 5 documentary titled My Wife, My Abuser, about an abusive partner who publicly claimed that her victim was guilty of abusing her.

Witnesses said Hunter told the audience: “When I saw that, I thought, my God, it’s like being married to Israel.”

Two people in the audience, who said they were Israeli in a subsequent exchange, objected to the joke, saying it was “not funny”.

A protracted exchange then followed in which Hunter asked the pair to leave, while they faced boos and calls to go from other members of the audience.

The comedian continued in their absence, recounting that he was once made aware that someone from the Jewish Chronicle would be watching his show for a review.

After the show, Hunter said his partner sought out the review, but could not access it online because of a paywall, saying: “Typical f------ Jews, they won’t tell you anything unless you subscribe.”

A fuss about nothing or just blatant Antisemitism?

Your thoughts? 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/israelis-told-leave-festival-show-160106804.html

Thin end of the wedge , 

• Confused 1