Who Is Going To Look After You In Your Later Years (If Need Be)

10 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

Do you have a plan, or hope that your children will help and cope?

Funny that, because my wife and me were chatting about this yesterday. 

One of our neighbours on street,  passed away, was 58. Retired only 3 years ago. He and his wife had no kids. Now he's died unexpectedly and only company she has are the 2 dogs.

My wife works in a school and chatting to some teachers etc some say they'll never have children- amongst the reasons were " too much responsibility" and "ruins body".

Anyway, I said to Mrs that it's easy to say all this when young, but when times comes and you're 60+  and alone- you'll notice it.

Back on subject,  we have 3 kids. One boy, two girls. I expect my son to stay with us until we're old, be married and have kids running around the house. Even if the younger girls stay,  they're welcome.  I told my lad, even if I go young, look after your mum.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cressida said:

While I've been convalescing my son has been tremendous,  shopping,  gardening,  coming home at lunchtimes making lunches,  bringing items on the way home,  taking us out in the car - and when I was in hospital he came every day with my other son bringing anything I needed,  clean nightdress e.g.

That's great. Sometimes kids can be a blessing 🙌 

• Thanks 1

Just now, lavery549@yahoo said:

I can honestly say , I haven't given a thought , been too busy with Mum 

So you've answered my question, conversely. You're looking after your Mum... 

Spoiler

versly 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

They're a blessing every day! ❤️

They are but testing, no kids are easy.

I'm fortunate my lot are pretty good- girls are easier, lad at 16 now is at that stage when you worry.  Luckily his big into football so is focused- just try to instill some realities of life in him, when I can!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Baz1 said:

They are but testing, no kids are easy.

I'm fortunate my lot are pretty good- girls are easier, lad at 16 now is at that stage when you worry.  Luckily his big into football so is focused- just try to instill some realities of life in him, when I can!

We were on a camping holiday a few years ago, having a few drinks by the campfire late at night, with relatives and friends, and a couple were relating troubles over the years with their children and the wife suddenly blurted out "why are your children so well behaved and don't get into trouble? What have you done differently to us as parents?"  I thanked her for the compliment but of course, couldn't answer.

They're still good and steady boys at age sixteen and nineteen. I'm fortunate. 👍

• Like 5