Monkeypox - a new global health emergency

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Also, for all the doom-mongers on here, note the current 'epidemic' is restricted to DRC.

Agreed. Personally I reckon Birdflu will get us first. 

Unless we get some weird mutated monkey bird flu thingy. 

cddfdb25b9fd3d30e0409c13dd2bbfe0.jpg

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

There are always Viruses around , & they mutate , we have to just live with the fact . But some love to get our knickers in a twist 😂

And of course we have to live with the doom-mongers and conspiracy theorists.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

I love the internet......🤣

Monkeypox_Meme.jpg

I do have to point out it's an ape not a monkey lighting a cigar, presumably part of a NHS experiment into air quality, 

Modified vaccinia Ankara  (MVA)

Modified vaccinia Ankara (MVA) is an attenuated (weakened) strain of the vaccinia virus. It is being used as a vaccine (called MVA-BN, brand names: Imvanex in the EU,[3] Imvamune in Canada,[2] and Jynneos in the US[1]) against smallpox and mpox,[4] having fewer side effects than smallpox vaccines derived from other poxviruses.[5]

This third-generation smallpox vaccine has the advantage that it cannot reproduce complete virions in human cells, "the block of the MVA life cycle occurs at the step of virion assembly resulting in assembly of immature virus particles that are not released from the infected cell."[5]

By inserting antigen genes into its genome, modified vaccinia Ankara virus is also used as an experimental viral vector for vaccines against non-poxvirus diseases.[6]

From Wikipedia, Which is about as truthful as the BBC.

5 hours ago, peak4 said:

May I refer those interested to have a read of this post on a different thread; saves typing it all out again.

I'm may be misunderstanding you, but copy and paste takes a couple of seconds.

58 minutes ago, aardvark6535 said:

Modified vaccinia Ankara  (MVA)

Modified vaccinia Ankara (MVA) is an attenuated (weakened) strain of the vaccinia virus. It is being used as a vaccine (called MVA-BN, brand names: Imvanex in the EU,[3] Imvamune in Canada,[2] and Jynneos in the US[1]) against smallpox and mpox,[4] having fewer side effects than smallpox vaccines derived from other poxviruses.[5]

This third-generation smallpox vaccine has the advantage that it cannot reproduce complete virions in human cells, "the block of the MVA life cycle occurs at the step of virion assembly resulting in assembly of immature virus particles that are not released from the infected cell."[5]

By inserting antigen genes into its genome, modified vaccinia Ankara virus is also used as an experimental viral vector for vaccines against non-poxvirus diseases.[6]

From Wikipedia, Which is about as truthful as the BBC.

Whereas 'ukcolumn.org' always uses verified data, is totally truthful and factual and doesn't misrepresent or wrongly ascribe manufacturers - yeah, right. The smallpox vaccine is made by a number of firms, and the ones referenced above are not 'CV-19 vacinnes - totally different 'family'.

1 hour ago, Draggletail said:

I'm may be misunderstanding you, but copy and paste takes a couple of seconds.

I also didn't want to go spamming the forum with the same post etc; I seem to recall it happening quite a bit by one particular contributor to the various Covid threads.

• Like 2