Monkeypox - a new global health emergency

Before anyone chips in with another Dr; this one is a bona fide Doctor, but has in PhD related to nursing training methods, rather than Doctor of Medicine.

(He received the Ph.D. for his work on developing methods of teaching via digital media such as online videos)
Dr John Campbell   Wiki link, but plenty of others

Monkeypox parallels
In July 2022, Campbell posted a video in which he promoted the misleading idea that "parallels" could be drawn between the 2022 monkeypox outbreak and SARS-CoV-2 virus, because the pathogens were being studied in laboratories prior to an outbreak occurring. The misinformation was embraced and amplified by Jimmy Dore and his comedy co-host Kurt Metzger, achieving wide currency on social media.

Just now, Prettytom said:

What are your professional qualifications?

Irrelevant.  I don’t profess to know more about medical matters than a man who has qualified as a medical doctor.  It appears you do, however.
So are you a qualified medical doctor or have you ever qualified as one?

5 minutes ago, pfifes said:

Irrelevant.  I don’t profess to know more about medical matters than a man who has qualified as a medical doctor.  It appears you do, however.
So are you a qualified medical doctor or have you ever qualified as one?

You obviously have some comprehension issues.

If you’d like to demonstrate where I’ve claimed to know more about medicine than a medically qualified doctor, then I’d be fascinated to see it.

Off you pop. Let’s see you back your claim up.

1 minute ago, Prettytom said:

You obviously have some comprehension issues.

If you’d like to demonstrate where I’ve claimed to know more about medicine than a medically qualified doctor, then I’d be fascinated to see it.

Off you pop. Let’s see you back your claim up.

In mean in the sense that you dismiss Dr Vernon Coleman’s excellent insights as rubbish.  Implying that you know better.  Well maybe you do if you’re a qualified medical doctor.  That’s why I’m asking.  If you are not a qualified medical doctor then I suggest that the good doctor knows more than you about medical matters.

1 minute ago, pfifes said:

In mean in the sense that you dismiss Dr Vernon Coleman’s excellent insights as rubbish.  Implying that you know better.  Well maybe you do if you’re a qualified medical doctor.  That’s why I’m asking.  If you are not a qualified medical doctor then I suggest that the good doctor knows more than you about medical matters.

That’s a “no” then.

Glad we cleared that up.

And he isn’t a “good doctor”. He’s not even a doctor.

Just now, Prettytom said:

That’s a “no” then.

Glad we cleared that up.

And he isn’t a “good doctor”. He’s not even a doctor.

So you are not a qualified medical doctor.  And never have been.

Glad we cleared that up.

So perhaps you can reflect that a man who has studied medicine and qualified as a doctor should be worthy of respect and not rudely dismissed because you happen not to agree with his views.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pfifes said:

So you are not a qualified medical doctor.  And never have been.

Glad we cleared that up.

So perhaps you can reflect that a man who has studied medicine and qualified as a doctor should be worthy of respect and not rudely dismissed because you happen not to agree with his views.

I’ve no idea how you came to that conclusion, based upon no evidence whatsoever. Maybe that is indicative of your low standards when seeking the truth.

Vernon Coleman is a lunatic, who wouldn’t be taken seriously except for the fact that there are other lunatics out there, with unfettered internet access.

This is how mad he is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Prettytom said:

I’ve no idea how you came to that conclusion, based upon no evidence whatsoever. Maybe that is indicative of your low standards when seeking the truth.

Vernon Coleman is a lunatic, who wouldn’t be taken seriously except for the fact that there are other lunatics out there, with unfettered internet access.

This is how mad he is.

A quote from “There is no great genius without a touch of madness.”