Monkeypox - a new global health emergency

54 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

IF that was @peak4's reason, it wasn't mine - I just assumed it was one of his ill-conceived monologues, which I cba to spend my time listening to.

You call everyone who has a different opinion to yourself, and make them out to be idiots, yet you cba to listen to a short video that is very hard to argue against. A discussion involves at least two people, you don't want to discuss, you want to dictate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

IF that was @peak4's reason, it wasn't mine - I just assumed it was one of his ill-conceived monologues, which I cba to spend my time listening to.

it is worth spending a few minutes listening to the excellent Dr Coleman before dismissing him.  You may well change your mind.

• Like 2

@aardvark6535, @pfifes - I have in the past sat through his monologues, and did listen to the one where he started extrapolating data - at least until his interpretation went off into fantasy-land.

As a point of interest, he is not 'Doctor' Coleman - he rescinded his position, and I understand the BMA cancelled his licence to practice, so he is not entitled to use that title.

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

@aardvark6535, @pfifes - I have in the past sat through his monologues, and did listen to the one where he started extrapolating data - at least until his interpretation went off into fantasy-land.

As a point of interest, he is not 'Doctor' Coleman - he rescinded his position, and I understand the BMA cancelled his licence to practice, so he is not entitled to use that title.

So you heard him once, you didn't like what he had to say, so you will not listen to him again - makes sense to me, typical 77th Brigade reaction to the truth.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, aardvark6535 said:

So you heard him once, you didn't like what he had to say, so you will not listen to him again - makes sense to me, typical 77th Brigade reaction to the truth.

Wrong - I listened to a small number of his broadcasts (in the original, now deleted topic on CV-19) and after that I lost interest in his ramblings - and the whole conspiracy-laden thread.

As I said above, I listened to the one posted in here but dated mid-2022, until his extrapolation of figures floated off into fantasy land.

BTW - this topic is supposed to be about the Mpox outbreak in DRC, not a rehash of that topic.

Edited by RollingJ

Dr Coleman on Monkeypox:

“A lot of nonsense is being talked about monkeypox which is the hypochondriac’s disease of the moment – even more popular than ‘long covid’.

Given the amount of money that the drug companies seem likely to make from it, the disease should be renamed moneypox.”

3 minutes ago, peak4 said:

I did write quite a lot about Vernon Coleman, and one or two other characters, a while ago, but a search of my posts shows nothing which is rather annoying; I'm assuming it was all in now deleted thread(s) about C-19. [Link to excellent article in Th Bangkok Post link oddly enough]
I really can't be bothered to root through loads of bookmarks to show various examples yet again.
Surely the intention of starting a thread about MPox was to explore that topic, rather than once again promoting a variety of conspiracy theorists, for which there is/was a dedicated thread.
For anyone not aware, the references to 77th Brigade refer to a British army unit set up for  what my be considered as psychological influence/warfare; maybe akin to the No10 Nudge Unit   in civvy life.

Cheers @peak4 - Yep the various CV-19 threads were all rolled into one, and when it got repetitive and silly, admin deleted it, along with a few other 'super-threads that were going round in circles, achieving nothing.