Monkeypox - a new global health emergency

3 minutes ago, pfifes said:

Another pandemic is ‘absolutely inevitable’, says Patrick Vallance. He warns ‘we are not ready yet’ and urges next government to prepare:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/article/2024/may/25/another-pandemic-is-absolutely-inevitable-says-patrick-vallance-covid

I really don't care if I'm honest. I'll treat any new 'pandemic' and restrictions with the same contempt I treated the last one. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pfifes said:

Another pandemic is ‘absolutely inevitable’, says Patrick Vallance. He warns ‘we are not ready yet’ and urges next government to prepare:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/article/2024/may/25/another-pandemic-is-absolutely-inevitable-says-patrick-vallance-covid

Vallance is, I note, the 'former' chief scientific advisor - has he got sad at not being on the telly every day?

10 hours ago, pfifes said:

This Patrick Vallace?

In September, it emerged that Vallance owns a deferred bonus of 43,111 shares worth £600,000 in GlaxoSmithKline, a company which was working on developing a COVID vaccine.  This led to claims of a potential conflict of interest, as Vallance could be seen to have a financial interest in pushing for a vaccine-based response to the pandemic whether or not this is objectively the best approach.

The Labour bloke?

On 14/08/2024 at 21:33, The_DADDY said:

Ooooh you can't call it monkeypox. Apparently that's racist. 

Yes the Chickenpox riots were a precursor to what could happen if a primate were to be treat with zero respect. 😜

Just been on news at 10 they taking monkeypox seriously it's really bad in Africa but monkeys live there ? Aids allegedly started in Africa as well what next .remember the egg scare millions of chickens destroyed mad cow disease well I liked that coz beef was dirt cheap and I'm still here 😀 and the burgers at padders bar were second to none 😀 

5 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

Just been on news at 10 they taking monkeypox seriously it's really bad in Africa but monkeys live there ? Aids allegedly started in Africa as well what next .remember the egg scare millions of chickens destroyed mad cow disease well I liked that coz beef was dirt cheap and I'm still here 😀 and the burgers at padders bar were second to none 😀 

Then let me start the ball rolling.....

nhs-clap.gif

• Haha 1