Monkeypox - a new global health emergency

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

No, they don't - the one under discussion is an MVA product - totally different, as I have pointed out above. Also note - the Mpox virus has only been declared an 'issue' in DRC.

It has been declared an issue in surrounding countries as well - The outbreak has spread through 13 countries in Africa, including a few that had never reported mpox cases before. On Tuesday, the Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention declared a “public health emergency of continental security,” the first time the organization has taken that step since the African Union granted it the power to do so last year.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/16/world/europe/mpox-cases-sweden-europe.html

Mpox Case in Sweden Sets Off Concerns of Wider Spread in Europe

Experts expect more cases to surface in European countries because of frequent travel to and from Africa, with the threat of contracting the disease raised from “very low” to “low.”

1 minute ago, aardvark6535 said:

It has been declared an issue in surrounding countries as well - The outbreak has spread through 13 countries in Africa, including a few that had never reported mpox cases before. On Tuesday, the Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention declared a “public health emergency of continental security,” the first time the organization has taken that step since the African Union granted it the power to do so last year.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/16/world/europe/mpox-cases-sweden-europe.html

Mpox Case in Sweden Sets Off Concerns of Wider Spread in Europe

Experts expect more cases to surface in European countries because of frequent travel to and from Africa, with the threat of contracting the disease raised from “very low” to “low.”

Wonder who these 'experts' are? And the current concern is on the African continent, so production ( and use, if necessary) in other areas is merely sensible planning.

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

You wouldn't believe me if I told you. 👍

Try me.

Just now, aardvark6535 said:

It's killed a lot of people, and you make light of the fact, shame on you.

I am aware CV-19 killed a large number, but we are not talking about that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aardvark6535 said:

It's killed a lot of people, and you make light of the fact, shame on you.

Don't be too hard on @RollingJ

He's a good guy. It's just the media and governments did a fantastic job of lying about the jabs and hiding the number of deaths from them.

Hopefully it all comes out in the wash. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Don't be too hard on @RollingJ

He's a good guy. It's just the media and governments did a fantastic job of lying about the jabs and hiding the number of deaths from them.

Hopefully it all comes out in the wash. 

I was hoping someone would turn this into another - unrelated - CV-19 topic , but unfortunately...