The car you got after passing your test

Mine was a Ford Anglia 209 CWJ ,  strange I can remember that because I've had the car I drive now for over three years and often have trouble remembering the registration. 🙄

I'm not that bothered about cars but have driven some nice ones over the years for business reasons. Ran my own business for the last sixteen years of my working life and as it grew I got nicer cars. The only ones I had any particular affection for were Saabs, I had a Saab 95 for a number of years, I kept it after selling the business, then I bought a Saab 93. They were the first automatics I'd driven and I wouldn't go back to manual again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, geared said:

Got myself a Deathscort after passing, thing drove horribly.  Crashed it not long after buying, borrowed my parents car.  Crashed that too.

Mother was secretly happy, she hated that car.

Geared , just got what you wrote ( Deathscort 😂) My Dad bought a brand new one , when X reg was out , first new car he bought , proper bane of his life , he got rid

• Thanks 1

Got myself a Deathscort after passing, thing drove horribly.  Crashed it not long after buying, borrowed my parents car.  Crashed that too.

Geared , just got what you wrote ( Deathscort 😂) My Dad bought a brand new one , when X reg was out , first new car he bought , proper bane of his life , he got rid

5 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

That's when they were proper Mini's crookesey 

Wheeler Dealers restored one with the addition of modern safety features, if I recall correctly they paid £10k for one and sold the finished article for £14K.

24 minutes ago, Meltman said:

That's nice, thank you 😊 

40 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

I liked Hillman Imps , great shape 

image.png.84075ac98ca75a66b1542968bd964ea2.png

The NSU Prinz was almost identical, there were quite a few rear engined cars around in those days.

• Like 1