Clean Air Zones

I searched to see if anyone had posted about this, but nothing recently. I got fine because I drove past Bradford, because I drive a van. A private car would be free, maybe private vans are free?

I didn't figure out the payment system, so after 10 days my fine is now £120 or £60 if paid quickly. Is everyone coping ok with the CAZ?

Would that be a good way to get people to pay their council tax on time, if you don't pay your £2,000 council tax within 10 days, increase it to £20,000?

How are you coping with Sheffields CAZ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

I searched to see if anyone had posted about this, but nothing recently. I got fine because I drove past Bradford, because I drive a van. A private car would be free, maybe private vans are free?

I didn't figure out the payment system, so after 10 days my fine is now £120 or £60 if paid quickly. Is everyone coping ok with the CAZ?

Would that be a good way to get people to pay their council tax on time, if you don't pay your £2,000 council tax within 10 days, increase it to £20,000?

Coping very well thanks. I'm not sure how well people will cope if/when it's extended and includes private vehicles though :suspect:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Surely in this day and age you should just assume every urban area has a CAZ and research any trip you make to a different town or city. 

That isn't how things normally work with paying a bill/tax.

It's the first time I have driven into a CAZ, it will be very different if that is a regular occurrence.

I wasn't sure if I had crossed into the CAZ, I was going to Keighley, it will certainly cut emissions if I choose not to travel there and get my tyres elewhere.

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Coping very well thanks. I'm not sure how well people will cope if/when it's extended and includes private vehicles though :suspect:

3 hours ago, El Cid said:

Hey El Cid , you could have popped in for a coffee , then I could fill you in on Bradfords CAZ 🤣

26 minutes ago, geared said:

Private vans aren't free.  A few people have found that out when converting old commercial vans to campers.

Correctly registered Campervans are apparently exempt.

If they just allowed one vehicle below a certain Co2 level per person as a private vehicle, that would be fairer, but they don't want to lower emissions, it's all about raising money. They couldn't possibly tax the wealthy with their big cars.

57 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Hey El Cid , you could have popped in for a coffee , then I could fill you in on Bradfords CAZ 🤣

Taxing vehicles does work, I won't be going via Bradford again, is there a short cut :)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, El Cid said:

Have you taxed it as private or commercial, that might make a difference.