Clean Air Zones

I drive into Sadiq Khans cash generator a couple of times a year, it's not worth buying a Ulez compliant car, even if I could afford one, for the sake of an extra £25,

£12.5 in £12.5 out.

17 minutes ago, Uggy said:

Have you taxed it as private or commercial, that might make a difference.

Not sure if you can choose, it's insured for private use only.

13 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Not sure if you can choose, it's insured for private use only.

I think I'd check to see if you're eligible to pay if it's private.

7 minutes ago, Uggy said:

I think I'd check to see if you're eligible to pay if it's private.

Some CAZ give exemptions for charities, but not if the vehicle was bought after 2022, people living outside the zone get no help.

I don't mind paying the small fee, its being given 7 days to pay which I believe is unfair, that and the cost of the letter being £103

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

Taxing vehicles does work, I won't be going via Bradford again, is there a short cut :)

Loads of ways to avoid Bradford via Shipley Halifax loads of ways just ask sat nav avoid Bradford it will work lol 😆 unless you fancy a nice curry 🍛 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, El Cid said:

If they just allowed one vehicle below a certain Co2 level per person as a private vehicle, that would be fairer, but they don't want to lower emissions, it's all about raising money. They couldn't possibly tax the wealthy with their big cars.

CAZs aren't about CO2 though, that gets covered by  Vehicle Excise Duty.
It's about NOx and particulates.
I have to be careful myself as my van is 2007, so not exempt; that it's private and not business use is immaterial.
Folk can check registration numbers here; note that this is for CAZ not London ULEZ or congestion charges; rules also vary from area to area.
https://vehiclecheck.drive-clean-air-zone.service.gov.uk/vehicle_checkers/enter_details

26 minutes ago, peak4 said:

CAZs aren't about CO2 though, that gets covered by  Vehicle Excise Duty.
It's about NOx and particulates.
I have to be careful myself as my van is 2007, so not exempt; that it's private and not business use is immaterial.
Folk can check registration numbers here; note that this is for CAZ not London ULEZ or congestion charges; rules also vary from area to area.
https://vehiclecheck.drive-clean-air-zone.service.gov.uk/vehicle_checkers/enter_details

That link is exactly the one to use, there is so much other information it's confusing, when you don't get sent anything from Bradford or DVLA.