Android or

On 16/08/2024 at 22:28, Pyrotequila said:

Motorola do still make phones, some pricey ones, but they do tend to lean more towards the more affordable end of the scale.

Depends what you want to do with it really?
Just a phone and throw a few random apps on?

A decent camera for some photography?

Motorola have recently started doing a modern version of the Razr flip phone! 🤣

On 18/08/2024 at 20:55, pitsmoorboy said:

I have had iphone & Samsung, I find Samsung  much more user friendly, so I got rid of the iphone and never looked back. 

I’m precisely the opposite. Apple is far more intuitive and easy to use, for me.

I am firmly in the Apple ecosystem using Mac and stuff too though, so there is that.

5 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Motorola have recently started doing a modern version of the Razr flip phone! 🤣

I’m precisely the opposite. Apple is far more intuitive and easy to use, for me.

I am firmly in the Apple ecosystem using Mac and stuff too though, so there is that.

I must be similar, although the Mac  is too expensive for me.

I started 'serious' computing with W95,  and used Windows until I really needed to get a replacement, but having had to be IT support for family and friends who moved to or got W8/W10 machines, I decided that they were not for me and moved to Linux.

A bit of a learning curve, but once I had played with it for a while, it was simple - probably helped by the fact that the distro I settled on is very 'Windows-like' in appearance, although not in behaviour.

Phone-wise, I had 'dumb' mobiles until someone sold me an Apple iPhone 5, and have stuck with them ever since. Same with my tablet - bought a s/h iPad when I started travelling around more, and currently have an Air2. I don't replace phones/iPads until I need to, and never go for the newest - just one that has a reasonable life-span left.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, butlers said:

Look at oneplus too.

I have been with them.since the start.

I only have a 5T right now but its still a fast and capable phone.

+1 votes... the alert slider!

Couldn't buy a phone without one now, just such convenience.

• 3 weeks later...

If privacy is of concern then I can highly recommend a Fairphone from the e.foundation. Fairphones are made of recycled materials. Why the e.foundation? Because it comes with an un-Googled Android OS. I moved from 1+ after I learned the founder is now part of a conglomerate wanting us to eat insect burgers! My current phone is a Fairphone 3+ that replaced my One Plus 3T and I am very pleased with it. It comes with a replaceable battery so no need to upgrade. When I got the phone it came with Android 9 or 10, currently on Android 13.

Fairphne official site: https://www.fairphone.com/

e.foundation shop: https://murena.com/products/smartphones/?wcpbc-manual-country=GB