It's all downhill to Christmas.

14 minutes ago, cressida said:

I'm mainly a summer person,  I only love December & February.

Nothing good about February for me, a very bleak month with no redeeming qualities. The best thing about February is knowing that March will follow and Spring bulbs will start to flower. Can I ask, why do you love February?

Edited by Draggletail
typo
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Slighty batty said:

Oh I love Christmas. Going to Christmas markets and drinking glűhwein and heisse Heidi. Putting up the tree, finding nice presents. Having all the kids and grandkids together round the table. I think winter would be very tedious without Christmas. 

“Kids and grand kids round a table”. Shudders. No thank you. To each their own and all that but for me it’s a rich plain fruit cake laced with brandy, a truckle of Wensleydale cheese and a bottle (or two) of Taylor’s Late Bottled Vintage port, and most of all SOLITUDE. Blisssss.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Well I don't do christmas because I am a Pagan , so tend to give it a wide birth & easter 

Pagan, good for you! 👍But do you enjoy the general feel good atmosphere that many people get, and the liveliness and anticipation (even if it's anticipation of a couple of days of work, for many)

I'm not a Christian, and am not interested in organised religions but am very interested in spirituality, but I always liked the atmosphere in the build up to christmas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Draggletail said:

Pagan, good for you! 👍But do you enjoy the general feel good atmosphere that many people get, and the liveliness and anticipation (even if it's anticipation of a couple of days of work, for many)

I'm not a Christian, and am not interested in organised religions but am very interested in spirituality, but I always liked the atmosphere in the build up to christmas.

To be honest , I volunteered to work over festive period because I don't celebrate it . I let others who did , especially those with families have it off . I didn't mind the run up , but don't get the buzz I used to as a kid . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Draggletail said:

Interesting that Draggletail. I consider myself to be a non practising Christian, but come Christmas Eve a must for me is Carols From Kings on the telly. Turn the volume up and sing along with Gods Greatest Christmas Hits. Love it.

• Like 2

Just now, YorkieontheTyne said:

Interesting that Draggletail. I consider myself to be a non practising Christian, but come Christmas Eve a must for me is Carols From Kings on the telly. Turn the volume up and sing along with Gods Greatest Christmas Hits. Love it.

Good for you . I do respect those that do celebrate Yorkie 

• Thanks 1