It's all downhill to Christmas.

3 minutes ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

Interesting that Draggletail. I consider myself to be a non practising Christian, but come Christmas Eve a must for me is Carols From Kings on the telly. Turn the volume up and sing along with Gods Greatest Christmas Hits. Love it.

And why not, YorkieontheTyne, good for you. Anticipating the show on TV and singing along with it must have a big 'feel good factor' :thumbsup: 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Meltman said:

Thank you Cressida, that's at least 2 of us!

I prefer Christmas Carols to the Christmas pop songs as well.

5 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Good for you . I do respect those that do celebrate Yorkie 

m mainly a summer person,  I only love December & February.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

To be honest , I volunteered to work over festive period because I don't celebrate it . I let others who did , especially those with families have it off . I didn't mind the run up , but don't get the buzz I used to as a kid . 

Yep. I’m with you there. As a single coach driver I always volunteered to work Christmas partly to give the family men time at home, and I did 18 consecutive tours away, so I had a decent time, reasonably well fed, not too much graft and avoided being invited round to friends for their family gathering out of sympathy. 

• Like 3

I’ve spent Christmas as far north as Elgin, as far south as Newquay, as far west as Llanelli, and as far east as Donnersbachwald (Austria).

Favourites were Torquay, a really nice hotel and Llandudno a really nice place. Don’t ask about Christmas in Stafford or at Gatport Airwick.

• Like 3