Famous people you have met

4 minutes ago, Delbow said:

I met Weller twice, he was mardy AF both times.

Although in terms of reputation, Cilla Black is in contention for most unpleasant celebrity, though I never met her. The Chuckle Brothers were renowned for never having a bad word to say about anyone, but they had a very bad word to say about Cilla apparently 🫢

Before she died I had heard rumours that she was horrid, and she was notoriously vile to cabin crew. Logged on to a forum for cabin crew, and to be fair when their famous passengers were pleasant they would say they were lovely. Ms Black sounded far from lovely, in fact not just a diva but downright belligerent.

I was surprised by Paul OGradys friendship with her before she passed. When he was Lily Savage, she absolutely tore into Black calling her all the names under the sun.

7 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Before she died I had heard rumours that she was horrid, and she was notoriously vile to cabin crew. Logged on to a forum for cabin crew, and to be fair when their famous passengers were pleasant they would say they were lovely. Ms Black sounded far from lovely, in fact not just a diva but downright belligerent.

I was surprised by Paul OGradys friendship with her before she passed. When he was Lily Savage, she absolutely tore into Black calling her all the names under the sun.

Surprised at that.

Always thought she came across as a lovely person....

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

As a 9 year old walking up Flat St with my Mam at Christmas time , the greatest ever footballer to play for any Sheffield team stopped and began talking to my Mam ( she used to serve him in Penny Farthing )  . He shook my hand , Tony Currie . 😀

He was a fantastic footballer.

He’s also a complete and utter arsehole.

1 minute ago, cressida said:

My dad had a very high opinion of Tony Currie and wanted him to play for England,  I don't know if he ever did.

Yeah my Dad knew him, said he was a sound bloke. 

• Like 1