Famous people you have met

6 minutes ago, Padders said:

Here's another one for you Yorkie. 1962 Pontins holiday camp, Blackpool.

He was sat on the theatre steps having a fag, and I got talking to him.   TOMMY TRINDER.

Same holiday I was on the stage singing with NANCY WHISKEY.

You can have my Autograph for a small fee...

Tommy Trinder. WOW. You lucky people. Wasn’t Nancy Whiskey with Chas McDevitt? 
Pontins Blackpool, terrific place for a holiday camp. Closed with very little notice and is now a housing estate.

When you say small fee, will you take a cheque?

• Haha 1

here you go -  Lord Snowdon, Sarah, Duchess of York,  Nigel Mansell,  Sir John Mills,  Sir David Puttnam,  Trevor Bayliss,  Spike Milligan,

Tommy Cooper,  Rolling Stones,  Michael Brandon,  most at book signings and literery lunches.

• Like 3

Just now, cressida said:

here you go -  Lord Snowdon, Sarah, Duchess of York,  Nigel Mansell,  Sir John Mills,  Sir David Puttnam,  Trevor Bayliss,  Spike Milligan,

Tommy Cooper,  Rolling Stones,  Michael Brandon,  most at book signings and literery lunches.

WOW Cressida , impressive 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

Tommy Trinder. WOW. You lucky people. Wasn’t Nancy Whiskey with Chas McDevitt? 
Pontins Blackpool, terrific place for a holiday camp. Closed with very little notice and is now a housing estate.

When you say small fee, will you take a cheque?

Me and my best pal went, what a week that was..

And I pulled the camp beauty queen, There's a photo somewhere on the forum of me and her, a Sheffield lass.

Cash only if you don't mind.

And here's another one DEBBIE McGEE. at a motorway service station.

God I'm as famous as them...

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Mister M said:

The blonde haired one from The Human League. She was at the frozen food section in Tesco's on Abbeydale Road making a joke about buying frozen sausages

I went to a youth club with those two lasses  . Blonde haired one was Susan , dark  haired one Joanne . Common as muck .

• Haha 1

I once partied with The Who. I was still at school and some close friends of my parents were good mates with The Dubliners. They were playing in concert in Preston, and as it was St Patrick’s Day our friends were sure there would be a good party afterwards and so we all went to the concert. Afterwards we went back to their hotel and The Who were also staying there. Ronnie Drew from the Dubliners ordered 3 bottles of champagne and when The Who heard about that they ordered 30 bottles not to be outdone, and then the party really kicked off in the reception/ bar area. One guy got so drunk he was dancing an Irish gig on the bonnet of a Rolls Royce (hopefully his own.) Of course, being still at school I was on the orange juice! At one point the Dubliners roadie said he wanted to introduce me to somebody, took me over to this man and said “This is Roger Daltrey.” So I said “Pleased to meet you” and then stood there looking slightly bored because all I was thinking was “God, another old person who’s had too much to drink.” It was an amazing party, I saved one of the champagne corks as a memento and got Design in Gold & Silver on Ecclesall Rd to make a little copy of it out of silver, which I have on a necklace. I met the Dubliners a few times, Luke Kelly used to borrow my dad’s golf clubs if ever he was in Sheffield.

• Like 3