Famous people you have met

1 minute ago, Slighty batty said:

I once partied with The Who. I was still at school and some close friends of my parents were good mates with The Dubliners. They were playing in concert in Preston, and as it was St Patrick’s Day our friends were sure there would be a good party afterwards and so we all went to the concert. Afterwards we went back to their hotel and The Who were also staying there. Ronnie Drew from the Dubliners ordered 3 bottles of champagne and when The Who heard about that they ordered 30 bottles not to be outdone, and then the party really kicked off in the reception/ bar area. One guy got so drunk he was dancing an Irish gig on the bonnet of a Rolls Royce (hopefully his own.) Of course, being still at school I was on the orange juice! At one point the Dubliners roadie said he wanted to introduce me to somebody, took me over to this man and said “This is Roger Daltrey.” So I said “Pleased to meet you” and then stood there looking slightly bored because all I was thinking was “God, another old person who’s had too much to drink.” It was an amazing party, I saved one of the champagne corks as a memento and got Design in Gold & Silver on Ecclesall Rd to make a little copy of it out of silver, which I have on a necklace. I met the Dubliners a few times, Luke Kelly used to borrow my dad’s golf clubs if ever he was in Sheffield.

I've got that one beat . Billy Pearce once said hello to me . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Jack Charlton stood beside me at the bar in Hogshead , Hackenthorpe . Didn't know it was him until he'd gone . 

Same here in a pub in Dore,

But it was Emlyn Hughes...

• Like 1

From Bradford Helen.  JOE JOHNSON.

He played for a Bradford snooker club.

And they played us at Bellhouse WMC.

After the match, which we won, Joe got talking to us and told us he was about to turn professional.

I said to my mate, "He'll never make a professional"

He won the World Championship the following year....

• Like 2

Just now, Padders said:

From Bradford Helen.  JOE JOHNSON.

He played for a Bradford snooker club.

And they played us at Bellhouse WMC.

After the match, which we won, Joe got talking to us and told us he was about to turn professional.

I said to my mate, "He'll never make a professional"

He won the World Championship the following year....

HA HA Padders , wrong eh ? . Didn't know he was from Bradford though .

As a 9 year old walking up Flat St with my Mam at Christmas time , the greatest ever footballer to play for any Sheffield team stopped and began talking to my Mam ( she used to serve him in Penny Farthing )  . He shook my hand , Tony Currie . 😀

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

As a 9 year old walking up Flat St with my Mam at Christmas time , the greatest ever footballer to play for any Sheffield team stopped and began talking to my Mam ( she used to serve him in Penny Farthing )  . He shook my hand , Tony Currie . 😀

Great experience and memory!