Famous people you have met

5 hours ago, Mister M said:

Before she died I had heard rumours that she was horrid, and she was notoriously vile to cabin crew. Logged on to a forum for cabin crew, and to be fair when their famous passengers were pleasant they would say they were lovely. Ms Black sounded far from lovely, in fact not just a diva but downright belligerent.

I was surprised by Paul OGradys friendship with her before she passed. When he was Lily Savage, she absolutely tore into Black calling her all the names under the sun.

My mates wife came across Paul O’Grady and said he was very nasty to the person he was with at the time.  Surprised me , as I had him down as a nice bloke. 

I have been very fortunate to meet the following people through either work, voluntary service or whilst attending a social event.   I hadn't realised I had met so many interesting people in my life.   All (but a couple) of these persons were very nice to talk to and very friendly.

In the 1970's

Princess Anne

Sir John Gielgud

Michael Winner

Oliver Tobias

Alan Bates

Les Dawson

1980's

Victor Spinetti

Emlyn Hughes

Derek Dooley

Lord Dainton of Hallam Moors

Joe Scarborough

Willy Thorne

Peter Andre

Amanda Charlesworth (Radio Hallam)

Roger Moffatt (Radio Hallam)

Ray  Stuart (Radio Hallam)

1990's

Bobby Knutt

Lord (Roy) Mason

Bernard Hogan-Howe (Now Lord Hogan-Howe)

The Cheeky Girls

Earl Scarborough

Sir Reresby Sitwell

2000's to present

Bernie Clifton

Freddie (Parrot Face) Davies

Tommy Cannon

Bobby Ball

Su Pollard

Derren Litten

John Burkhill BEM (Always an honour and a privilege to shake his hand and donate to his charity)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

Ah, Corrie. Thanks for that Daddy Padders. Never really watched since Minnie Caldwells cat died. Remember Bobbie, sunning himself on the roof?

I packed it in when Derrick's gnomes came into it.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, cressida said:

Cilla was very chatty when we met her,  met the Chuckles,  their show was very enjoyable.

We once got talking to a couple and the woman used to go to the cavern club when Cilla worked part time in the cloakroom and she reckons Cilla lifted something from her handbag.

• Haha 1

David Bowie when I was an auto electrician and he was doing a concert in Sheffield and someone snapped his car electric aerial off. We fitted him a new one. Also John Travolta and his Mr's in Tiffany's at Las Vegas. Pity we could only afford to window shop though.

I think mine are all a bit if a cheat except the old Duke of Devonshire, I met him when I was walking from  monsaldale to Bakewell he came out of a field with cows in we chatted all the way to Ashby. Then Tommy Eyers School Derek Dooley also school and Tony Capstick, Rockingham arms. Earl of Scarborough, fishing, Lord Balfour work,

Edited by Guest

My best was Sir Robert Charlton at Bobby Charlton’s School Of Excellence. My lad was circa age 7 and I’d explained who and what the great man was, however I hadn’t accounted for Dennis Law being there. I was stood with Bobby when my son approached Dennis Law during a break in play of a game that he was reffing, Dennis howled with laughter and gave my lad a pretend clip, Bobby said “I wonder what that was about”, I told him that I would find out.

What happened is that my lad said to Dennis “Please Mr Law is it true what my Dad says about you”? Dennis answered “It just depends what he said”, my lad replied, “He said that you actually used to know Bobby Charlton”, hence the pretend clip, Bobby had a good chuckle when I told him, he’s coming for dinner in a couple of weeks, he’s going to get that for desert. 😆

• Like 1