One in four children starting school still in nappies

3 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Nice bit of sexism at the end there - it takes two to tango. 

When there is a problem, there are generally three options: 

1. Do nothing different

2. Do something different

3. Engage in wishful thinking

We can all say that other people need to do a better job of their own lives, but that falls under 3. 

I used the term "knickers" colloquially.     I didn't specific one particular gender of parent, I used the word if THEY i.e. both.   

2 minutes ago, pfifes said:

I might add that I don’t agree that children starting school should still be in nappies.  That is parental responsibility but quit with the sexist double standards about sexual intercourse.

But if its a trend, I tend to think the media love to make stories up, then its a problem for Government.

We rely too much on fast food, how can the Government encourage families-what ever happened to the CSA, white males do the poorest of social groups in education, do benefits encourage single mothers, are more people using drugs, is there more housing problems due to targeting benefits and high house prices, contraception?

6 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

I used the term "knickers" colloquially.     I didn't specific one particular gender of parent, I used the word if THEY i.e. both.   

Given the number of posts you've made in the past showcasing your derogatory attitudes to women, I'm going to say I don't believe you.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ECCOnoob said:

I think we will draw our own conclusions on that. The ‘they’ I took to be a plural and you referred to women’s underwear so it sounded very much like you were talking about women to me.  Whatever you say though.

6 minutes ago, El Cid said:

But if its a trend, I tend to think the media love to make stories up, then its a problem for Government.

We rely too much on fast food, how can the Government encourage families-what ever happened to the CSA, white males do the poorest of social groups in education, do benefits encourage single mothers, are more people using drugs, is there more housing problems due to targeting benefits and high house prices, contraception?

I certainly think it would be good thing to provide more support to parents who need it.    Children are our future.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, pfifes said:

I certainly think it would be good thing to provide more support to parents who need it.    Children are our future.  

But if by support you mean money, would it be spent on the children in most cases?

Good free school meals for all would be my priority, when I was a single parent money wasn't a problem.