Extreme Misogyny To Be Treated As Terrorism Under Yvette Cooper's New Crackdown

15 minutes ago, peak4 said:

Only been out for a couple of hours; I see several folk have chosen to use this thread for more diversion from the core subject, which is a review of extremism generally.
Yvette Cooper was largely referring to the promotion of extremism of various types,  and the sources, primarily on-line, with respect the damage it causes and what can be done to combat it.

The link in the first post is to a Yahoo story, which in itself is based on a Telegraph one; The Telegraph seems to have gone for a clickbait headline; the article is here.
https://archive.is/ukxru

Have a read of the article itself, and do a search on "terror"

They seem to be trying to cover that headline with lines like this; "This could mean teachers will be legally required to refer pupils they suspect of extreme misogyny to Prevent, the Government’s counter-terror programme." whereas Cooper doesn't seem to have said that, though it's hard to say without a verbatim press release.

Has anyone spotted active on-line promotion of misandry? If there are, then report them so they can be included in any review .

Individual cases of female on male violence should be dealt with in the same way as any other violence; granted, some police staff seem to need need more education, and should have paid  attention to Nazir Afzal and Kier Starmer's message of listening more to the victims of alleged crimes.

For what it's worth I have several male friends who have been subject to domestic violence;  in at least one case, the police seem to have sided with the abuser.

My bold

Exactly my experience too. 

12 minutes ago, peak4 said:

Only been out for a couple of hours; I see several folk have chosen to use this thread for more diversion from the core subject, which is a review of extremism generally.
Yvette Cooper was largely referring to the promotion of extremism of various types,  and the sources, primarily on-line, with respect the damage it causes and what can be done to combat it.

The link in the first post is to a Yahoo story, which in itself is based on a Telegraph one; The Telegraph seems to have gone for a clickbait headline; the article is here.
https://archive.is/ukxru

Have a read of the article itself, and do a search on "terror"

They seem to be trying to cover that headline with lines like this; "This could mean teachers will be legally required to refer pupils they suspect of extreme misogyny to Prevent, the Government’s counter-terror programme." whereas Cooper doesn't seem to have said that, though it's hard to say without a verbatim press release.

Has anyone spotted active on-line promotion of misandry? If there are, then report them so they can be included in any review .

Individual cases of female on male violence should be dealt with in the same way as any other violence; granted, some police staff seem to need need more education, and should have paid  attention to Nazir Afzal and Kier Starmer's message of listening more to the victims of alleged crimes.

For what it's worth I have several male friends who have been subject to domestic violence;  in at least one case, the police seem to have sided with the abuser.

Yes, I agree.  There are some supporters of ‘Andrew Tate’ on here who in my opinion is vile.  He’s tapped in a market , sure, and taken advantage for his financial gain, but he is under investigation for rape and human trafficking.  If found guilty hopefully he will be locked up for a long time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bellatrix said:

Laughing emojis deployed - check!

Fun though this is, it would save everyone a lot of bother if instead of doing it all again on this thread, have a bit of a search for the thread on sexual harassment from a while back, and another one from about the same time concerning ant-abortion activists, if they haven't been deleted.  Some proper true colours revealed on those threads.

There is a 70+ page thread just on Andrew Tate, oddly with several folk defending him.
Here's a link to one of my own posts  https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/481250-andrew-tate-whats-your-opinion/page/64/#comment-8838984
Open the first URL and scroll down to the section on misogyny; perhaps also note some of the posts immediately preceding mine on that page.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

you mean like the first full page which was almost (1 post from Mr M i think it was) full of the self righteous keyboard warriors with armfuls of whataboutery?

I asked an honest question on page one .  

23 minutes ago, peak4 said:

There is a 70+ page thread just on Andrew Tate, oddly with several folk defending him.
Here's a link to one of my own posts  https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/481250-andrew-tate-whats-your-opinion/page/64/#comment-8838984
Open the first URL and scroll down to the section on misogyny; perhaps also note some of the posts immediately preceding mine on that page.

There are lots of ‘Andrew Tate’ fans on here.  Apparently we are supposed to ‘see past the headlines’ to understand his hidden depths 🤮

24 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I asked an honest question on page one .  

To be fair you did, and I guess like many things there is no direct definition, though I did link to some of Tate's more misogynistic quotes just as an example of the sort of active promotion that this review seeks to address. He is only one of many promoting a certain ideology; there are also many others pushing Incel etc.
Bear in mind folk like him (Tate) are very much active influencers, with a strong on-line presence; the oft touted comment that few are actually influenced seems contra to him making a huge sum on money from on-line subscription channels .
I'll let other judge whether this sort of content below is misogynistic, and how extreme.
I've not searched for his videos personally, though am aware of some of the content from other frequently critical sources;
See also the links to school toolkits I showed earlier.

This is a screenshot to avoid typing out this bilge myself
Andrew Tate: Five Things to Know ADL link

1. Tate is a social media influencer and a self-described misogynist 

Andrew Tate is a British-American former kickboxer and reality television star with millions of social media followers – 8.5 million on X (formerly Twitter) alone. He uses his platform to cannily deliver his disturbing views on rape, relationships and power. Many in his audience are teenagers who are just beginning to understand their own sexuality.  

image_2024-08-18_200817759.png

59 minutes ago, pfifes said:

Yes, I agree.  There are some supporters of ‘Andrew Tate’ on here who in my opinion is vile.  He’s tapped in a market , sure, and taken advantage for his financial gain, but he is under investigation for rape and human trafficking.  If found guilty hopefully he will be locked up for a long time.

My bold

Said the same myself. No right minded person would support him if he was guilty of the accusations. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Googlewasmyidea said:

How very typical of Labour to create law based on nebulous concepts.

Watch out because of course "extreme misogyny" will be whatever the "victim" perceives that they have experienced.

The men in this thread saying this is a good and positive thing will change their tune real quick if they find themselves on the end of a vexatious misogyny accusation.

You're new.

Welcome to Sheffield Forum 👍