American reacts to Sheffield

3 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

Cool - share your YouTube! I'd love to see.

Last question: Not my own teenager, but two of my teenage nieces in London do indeed walk home at silly times in the morning and insist they are fine (yes, it does make me nervous personally, but it is what it is!).

What did you think about Ashe's You Tube Channel SF?

I've had a look and I wasn't that impressed.

I found the sound quality wasn't great and the content was poor.

Having said that I watch a lot of You Tube and maybe I'm being a bit harsh, I watch Lee Davy (the Mac'master) and Geoff Carter, both do a lot of travel vlogs, and their super duper.

I hate being critical of Ash, cus I think he's done great to have his own Channel, takes a lot of time and trouble to get it right.

Keep at it Ash, and take no notice of me, I wish you every success as a "You Tuber"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

Having said that I watch a lot of You Tube and maybe I'm being a bit harsh, I watch Lee Davy (the Mac'master) and Geoff Carter, both do a lot of travel vlogs, and their super duper.

I hate being critical of Ash, cus I think he's done great to have his own Channel, takes a lot of time and trouble to get it right.

Keep at it Ash, and take no notice of me, I wish you every success as a "You Tuber"

I watched a few! The content is super interesting to me — an insight into travelling the east.

Would agree on the sound — it would be worth investing in a clip-on wireless mic. The Rode or DJI ones are really good.

Daily uploads are good too — keep consistent and keep the algorithm happy. Just needs a bit of promo to get more views to kick it up a few gears.

There’s an audience for all topics, styles and personalities, so it is difficult to say what to change. I think a travel blog is a personal thing and if Ash is happy with his work then that’s what counts. If it was me, I’d do more snappy edits and transitions and add some bed music in occasionally — but that is a lot of work and effort, and hence why I don’t do some much on YouTube now, because I get carried away with it. 🤣 Adding more narrative to it would likely work well, and in parts there could be a bit of tension added (people love tension!) — not to the extent that The Macmaster does with his clickbait titles and overly put on intros, but just a bit of playing up.

But as I say, it’s Ash’s Vlog and vision so it is up to him! The main thing is that he is doing it and keeping it up — which is the hardest step.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

I watched a few! The content is super interesting to me — an insight into travelling the east.

Would agree on the sound — it would be worth investing in a clip-on wireless mic. The Rode or DJI ones are really good.

Daily uploads are good too — keep consistent and keep the algorithm happy. Just needs a bit of promo to get more views to kick it up a few gears.

There’s an audience for all topics, styles and personalities, so it is difficult to say what to change. I think a travel blog is a personal thing and if Ash is happy with his work then that’s what counts. If it was me, I’d do more snappy edits and transitions and add some bed music in occasionally — but that is a lot of work and effort, and hence why I don’t do some much on YouTube now, because I get carried away with it. 🤣 Adding more narrative to it would likely work well, and in parts there could be a bit of tension added (people love tension!) — not to the extent that The Macmaster does with his clickbait titles and overly put on intros, but just a bit of playing up.

But as I say, it’s Ash’s Vlog and vision so it is up to him! The main thing is that he is doing it and keeping it up — which is the hardest step.

Great reply SF. thanks.

Agree with your post..

• Like 2

Well I've just watched Ash in "Jiufen, most beautiful place in Taiwan"

And I have to say I enjoyed it.

A forum member wandering around Jiufen in a Blades shirt, what's not to like.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Well I've just watched Ash in "Jiufen, most beautiful place in Taiwan"

And I have to say I enjoyed it.

A forum member wandering around Jiufen in a Blades shirt, what's not to like.

The blades shirt… that’s what not to like. 🤣

I’ll definitely be watching a few more later.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Padders said:

It started off as a video diary really for my family and friends. But glad I kept doing it, as I would have forgotten a lot of places.

My travelling series has nearly 150 films now some even I find boring, but it's difficult to know what to do or film. Some videos I spend hours doing, and I think are really high quality, and no sod watches it! :hihi: ... then some I make no effort and they do well. In fact on of my most viewed films was this one, which was literally a few minutes of footage I had to throw away from another film, but I thought I'd just do minimal writing on it, and I finished it in 5 minutes, and yet it's about my third most popular film! 

20 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

Yes, I post every Weds and Friday, but sometimes the algorithm favours me, and sometimes it doesn't. 

Actually talking on Jiufen, I was playing with the features on the editing software and made a Jiufen 'tension' type film! That flopped! :hihi:

-

I've since watched a few more of this youtuber, it's ok, but a bit long and slow for my liking, but he's doing well! 

• Like 2