People not taking care while crossin the road

14 minutes ago, peak4 said:

Several countries are now staring to introduce special traffic lights at some crossing, S Korea, Netherlands and others
Some have LEDs in the kerbs, others a projected red line
https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/lifestyle/south-korea-s-street-lights-up-as-road-safety-for-pedestrians-that-stare-at-their-phones-while-crossing-b2183589.html

OMG - Why do we have to cater for imbeciles - surely crossing a road safely is more important than watching the latest TikTok crud? Or have I finally lost touch with reality?

9 hours ago, RollingJ said:

OMG - Why do we have to cater for imbeciles - surely crossing a road safely is more important than watching the latest TikTok crud? Or have I finally lost touch with reality?

It's an addiction.

They aren't really looking at anything, but just have to be looking incase they get a " like" or a notification.

I watch funny videos on YouTube of a guy pranking others in central park and honestly, trying to spot a girl without a phone in her hand is difficult. Their friends must be either incredibly boring or they just need constant stimulation.

In my last few years at work mobiles phones became a blessing to me. As the driver of school buses/coaches up to maybe 10 years ago it would be mayhem during the journey, especially homeward. Vandalism, bullying, gymnastics and littering etc were all commonplace. Along come the mobile phone generation and they all sit there QUIETLY glued to their screens, giving anyone who dared interrupt them short shrift. Bliss.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

In my last few years at work mobiles phones became a blessing to me. As the driver of school buses/coaches up to maybe 10 years ago it would be mayhem during the journey, especially homeward. Vandalism, bullying, gymnastics and littering etc were all commonplace. Along come the mobile phone generation and they all sit there QUIETLY glued to their screens, giving anyone who dared interrupt them short shrift. Bliss.

Good point.

Also flights are much quieter, unless you have a feral family behind you with their volume on high.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Do you really want me to answer that last question RollingJ?
It’s like when you go into a public toilet and there is a warning on the tap on the wash hand basin “Caution. Hot Water”.

You don't have to answer it, Yorkie, I know you  don't do insults. 😉 . I'm glad I'm as old as I am - means I can safely ignore stupid signs and use the mental facility of common sense instead. Obviously, that is lacking in some, or someone thinks it is.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

You don't have to answer it, Yorkie, I know you  don't do insults. 😉 . I'm glad I'm as old as I am - means I can safely ignore stupid signs and use the mental facility of common sense instead. Obviously, that is lacking in some, or someone thinks it is.

Common sense. Hang on while I google that.😜.

• Haha 1