5 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

🤣 Yes that is weird. Obviously it's good you don't have to shell out for a new TV but have you considered your house may be haunted by a mischievous ghost? 🤔

You might be right, pretty much the same time as the TV failed my WiFi connection on my laptop to the router went t*t* up, very slow speeds with pages loading frustratingly slowly.

Mobile phone to router is fine, Netflix is fine.

Three very long phone calls to my ISP resulted in nothing positive, all good at their end (they say)... Currently connecting the laptop to the router with an ethernet cable donated by my Son.

Yes, ghosts, or poltergeists..... :suspect:  :huh:

1 minute ago, Draggletail said:

You might be right, pretty much the same time as the TV failed my WiFi connection on my laptop to the router went t*t* up, very slow speeds with pages loading frustratingly slowly.

Three very long phone calls to my ISP resulted in nothing positive, all good at their end (they say)... Currently connecting the laptop to the router with an ethernet cable donated by my Son.

Sounds like an issue with your laptops Wi-Fi - have you tried resetting it?

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Sounds like an issue with your laptops Wi-Fi - have you tried resetting it?

I don't think I've tried resetting the laptop WiFi RollingJ, but I was on with the ISP support for over an hour following directions and it's all a blur.

TBH you might be onto something here. I'm fairly sure the connectivity problems started around, or at the time I got a new/second hand laptop... How do I reset the laptop WiFi? 

7 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

I don't think I've tried resetting the laptop WiFi RollingJ, but I was on with the ISP support for over an hour following directions and it's all a blur.

TBH you might be onto something here. I'm fairly sure the connectivity problems started around, or at the time I got a new/second hand laptop... How do I reset the laptop WiFi? 

I  don't know who your ISP is, @Draggletail, but from my experience, most of the first-line support don't have a clue  on technical stuff.

To not distract this topic (too much) maybe if you started a thread on the computer board?

It is a while since I used a Windows machine, so I'll have fire my old laptop up to refresh my memory, which I can't do tonight, but I'll have go tomorrow morning?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

At least one person is accessing the site via their Smart TV!

Who is it? 😂

(I've been looking at the analytics again).

Smart tv ...in Barnsley geeyore nah Dexys midnight runners are still at number 1 one😁😁😁

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I  don't know who your ISP is, @Draggletail, but from my experience, most of the first-line support don't have a clue  on technical stuff.

To not distract this topic (too much) maybe if you started a thread on the computer board?

It is a while since I used a Windows machine, so I'll have fire my old laptop up to refresh my memory, which I can't do tonight, but I'll have go tomorrow morning?

Thanks, RollingJ, I appreciate your input. I can ask my Son about resetting the laptop WiFi, he's pretty techie and has done his best to help but he's still learning. If you get the time it would be good if you could fire up your old Windows machine to refresh your memory regarding resetting the laptop WiFi.  I won't get more off topic after that. ;) 

1 minute ago, Draggletail said:

Thanks, RollingJ, I appreciate your input. I can ask my Son about resetting the laptop WiFi, he's pretty techie and has done his best to help but he's still learning. If you get the time it would be good if you could fire up your old Windows machine to refresh your memory regarding resetting the laptop WiFi.  I won't get more off topic after that. ;) 

OK - watch this space - I'll have a go. 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 22/08/2024 at 17:50, Draggletail said:

Vivid imagination or you're haunted lol

• Haha 1