New Alzheimers drug has been licensed.

4 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

Not good for someone who's convalescing really is it? 

I'm sure that you will have eat well earlier in the day. 

Once in a while that's right.  I'm enjoying my convalescence, almost ran to the car earlier.

22 hours ago, Longcol said:

Biggest risk factor for Alzheimers is age,

https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/about-dementia/types-dementia/who-gets-alzheimers-disease

"Age is the biggest risk factor for Alzheimer’s, as it is for most types of dementia. This means that a person is more likely to get Alzheimer’s as they get older. Above the age of 65, a person’s risk of developing Alzheimer’s doubles about every five years."

Now all we need to do is summat to stop us getting older,

death  will do that

10 hours ago, El Cid said:

Is pizza good for dogs, they just like what we eat, although it may be bad for them.

He just has a little bit of the crust with a bit of sauce. His diet is very healthy, probably why he has lived so long. He also has a lot of games he plays for snacks every day to try and keep his mind sharp. 

21 minutes ago, cressida said:

A grandfather (agewise) dog having to beg for treats,  isn't that a bit undignified?

He doesn't beg for them. They are dog games made to stimulate their brains. When he looks bored, I give him them, and he loves them.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cressida said:

I've just eaten two doughnuts - my tea.

You get better food in hospital, but only just.

It is strange that hospitals serve such bad food, I don't have that much experience of it, maybe they should get Jamie Oliver in.

19 hours ago, El Cid said:

You get better food in hospital, but only just.

It is strange that hospitals serve such bad food, I don't have that much experience of it, maybe they should get Jamie Oliver in.

They've had various well publicised goes at getting chefs in to upgrade the food, I think one was Lloyd Grossman, but they can never sustain it. Either it's too expensive or too difficult to cook on a regular basis. Consequently hospital food is pretty basic to say the least. Like school dinners, the criteria for nutritional values have been relaxed.

What is more concerning is the waste. The meals are served by assistants but as far as I'm aware, nobody keeps note of whether it's actually eaten or not. Serving it and eating it are two different things, and regaining good health depends on good nutrition. Believe it or not, at least 2 people die of malnutrition every week in British hospitals, and malnutrition is rising in the general population as a whole. 

• Sad 1