Men Of The Forum - Do You Shave Your Face? Are You Clean Shaven, Bearded Or Stubble?

10 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Don’t let him lead you astray. You’ll end up getting a knock on the door. 

And placed on a No Fly list but I hate flying so not really fussed about that one. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold

I had to Google that.

Great word 👍

But it's still a neck beard :razz:

I won a Radio Sheffield goodie bag on that one when we were working nights years ago in Wickersley.
Can't remember the clue now, but something to do with a singer and a load of letters, the answer being "designer pogonophobia"
For the record, I have shaved a couple of times recently, one would have been autumn 1975 and then again in summer '81 the day before I flew out to Crete for a holiday. 🙂
Predated the days of us all having our own keys at work; my colleague answered me ringing the doorbell and asked for my passcard.

Always worked in offices and schools when beards and moustaches were, let’s say, rare.
I also think it makes blokes look older and so I’ve always shaved. Helps keep my boyish looks at going on 80!

Don’t look like a Neanderthal with copious amounts of body hair. I’m more like a North American Indian in that respect but do have it where it matters!

Just call me Tonto.😆

echo.

14 hours ago, Draggletail said:

Additional question - are you attracted to bearded, stubbled or clean shaven faces, or doesn't it matter?

No to beards or anything scratchy,  yes it does matter if you've got sensitive skin,  however, if I was a guy I would probably have a beard or try one as

it would save time having a shave.

• Like 2

Many years ago I was in Turkey (Marmaris)

We were sat in a bar having a drink, next door to the bar was a Turkish barbers.

The barber came out of his shop and spoke to me,  "You very handsome man, I give you shave"

Thanks I said, but I'm not bothered.

"I make you feel younger, I give you shave"

I didn't want a shave, I was already clean shaven, but he persisted.

Anyway, we were on holiday and it was only about a quid, so I thought I'll let him give me a shave just for a laugh, and get rid of him.

Bloomin Ek.

Talk about a close shave.

Hot towel on mi mug, then a dollop of foam, and out came the cut throat razor.

When he'd finished, he produced a lighter, flicked the switch, and WHOOSH a flash of flame into mi ears.

I'll tell you what, he was right, I felt years younger, it was an incredible shave, I spent the rest of the day stroking my chin.

Worth every penny...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cressida said:

No to beards or anything scratchy,  yes it does matter if you've got sensitive skin,  however, if I was a guy I would probably have a beard or try one as

it would save time having a shave.

I find a bit of stubble or a closely trimmed beard attractive. I don’t like longer beards unless they’re kept well groomed and nicely sculpted.  Problem with any stubble though is that if the gentleman…ahem…gets down to business so to speak… it can feel like being eaten by a hedgehog.  I don’t understand why some blokes shave their Crown Jewels. I like a man to feel like an adult man. The idea of fondling a pair of nuts which feel like they belong to a 13 year old boy is a turn off, I find it a bit creepy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Padders said:

Many years ago I was in Turkey (Marmaris)

We were sat in a bar having a drink, next door to the bar was a Turkish barbers.

The barber came out of his shop and spoke to me,  "You very handsome man, I give you shave"

Thanks I said, but I'm not bothered.

"I make you feel younger, I give you shave"

I didn't want a shave, I was already clean shaven, but he persisted.

Anyway, we were on holiday and it was only about a quid, so I thought I'll let him give me a shave just for a laugh, and get rid of him.

Bloomin Ek.

Talk about a close shave.

Hot towel on mi mug, then a dollop of foam, and out came the cut throat razor.

When he'd finished, he produced a lighter, flicked the switch, and WHOOSH a flash of flame into mi ears.

I'll tell you what, he was right, I felt years younger, it was an incredible shave, I spent the rest of the day stroking my chin.

Worth every penny...

Now that’s what you call a close shave Padders!

His first name wasn’t Sweeney by any chance. 😃

echo.