A family from south Lincolnshire move to Carbrook

in 1901 my Great Grandfather Walter along with two brothers moved from Heckington south Lincs to Carbrook residing in Yarmouth street and then Bright Street, he met and not long after married the youngest daughter of john & ann Richards, my Grandfather Walter was born not long after in late 1902,  along with his three sisters and brother they grew up there in Carbrook, then  in 1928 he married Florence Stevenson the eldest daughter of Edwin and Rebecca Stevenson from nearby Grimesthorpe. My father Frank( Francis Walter was born in 1928 the eldest  of 4 children. my father met and married Patricia Hill in 1948 the Hill family came from Glanford Brigg nr Scunthorpe in North Lincolnshire. I was born in the Northern General hospital in late 1949, going to the infants, Junior and senior school at Brightside Jenkin Road, in 1958 the Lord Mayor Councillor John Holland visited the school upon learning that my name was Humberstone, he allowed me to wear the chain of office pointing out the link with the name of my Gt Gt Garandads brother son Moses Humberstone as engraved marking his term of office of Lord Mayor in 1927 who was my 4th  cousin, moses passed away in 1944 and was a Alderman on Sheffield Corporation for many years. If there are any Richards family in the Sheffield area and since Gt Gt Garndad and Grandma had a lot of children I would be greatly surprised if there wasnt. Albeit they passed away in 1919 and 1924 , Gt Grandma lived until 1963 so I should think  either 2nd or especially 3rd generation will still be around.  

no, the Richards are family members on my Gt Grandma's side my name is Humberstone, I left Owler Lane school in 1964. I worked in Pitsmoor in the early 70s at Pexton Road HQ of Abbey Taxis who later moved to new buildings on Rutland Road, we lived in Bankside Farm at the top of Amos Road Brightside, then on Meadowhall Road next door to Mrs Bell's chippy

On 27/08/2024 at 13:24, lobster said:

According to the 1911C  your G Grandmother was one of 8 though 1 died in infancy

Yes the Richards were a very big family they came to Sheffield from Shropshire, Great Gt Grandad & Grandma Richards along with their daughter Jane Annie,  my Gt Grandma, and Gt Grandad Walter and their Grandaughter are laid to rest together at Tinsley Park Cemetery

My Gt Grandma Jane Annie was the 9th child born to Gt Gt Grandad & Grandma John & Ann Richards( nee Mason)

She married newly arrived from Heckington Sth Lincs Walter Humberstone around 1901, rather ironic that my gt Grandfathers came from opposite ends of the big county of Lincolnshire.