Ploughmans lunch

A poor bloke went into a cafe  in Huddersfield  &  after looking at menu , he noticed a Ploughpersons lunch . He asked the girl , " what is the difference between Ploughmans Lunch & a Ploughpersons lunch ? . The girl ran off & next thing the Manager said , you will have to leave , you have upset the waitress , she has had to go home !!!!!! Well , I would have asked the same question & I would probably have followed him . Good grief , what is going on 🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

A poor bloke went into a cafe  in Huddersfield  &  after looking at menu , he noticed a Ploughpersons lunch . He asked the girl , " what is the difference between Ploughmans Lunch & a Ploughpersons lunch ? . The girl ran off & next thing the Manager said , you will have to leave , you have upset the waitress , she has had to go home !!!!!! Well , I would have asked the same question & I would probably have followed him . Good grief , what is going on 🤣

Who knows .

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

A PloughMans lunch is served with a sausage.

A PloughPersons lunch comes with the choice of either a sausage or a clam. 

At least that's what I'd heard. 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Padders , don't you dare serve Ploughpersons lunch in Padders bar , I will stick to me Chicken in a basket thanks 

Whatever you desire in "Padders Bar" Helen, we will serve you..

• Haha 1

I'm guessing this is the story, but it's all a bit hard to tell with no link. 😉

Huddersfield customers fume after cafe renames Ploughman's lunch 'Ploughperson's'  Yorkshire Live
One customer said he couldn't believe his eyes when he went for a coffee at Espresso Corner in Huddersfield town centre

It did seem to create a bit of a stir by the anti-woke brigade, and was repeated all over the place.
I assume none of them read the date of the article.
image.png.dfe9ce1b707979f3db7256d46e4924f5.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, peak4 said:

I'm guessing this is the story, but it's all a bit hard to tell with no link. 😉

Huddersfield customers fume after cafe renames Ploughman's lunch 'Ploughperson's'  Yorkshire Live
One customer said he couldn't believe his eyes when he went for a coffee at Espresso Corner in Huddersfield town centre

It did seem to create a bit of a stir by the anti-woke brigade, and was repeated all over the place.
I assume none of them read the date of the article.
image.png.dfe9ce1b707979f3db7256d46e4924f5.png

Will you stop ruining our threads with ya common sense and facts and stuff? :rant:

• Haha 3