21 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

That's worth remembering. I don't mind the flu shots when my doctor nags me as I'm asthmatic (with complications) but I would never again have a covid shot. Not after the last time. Nasty.

Everyone is different . I did have problems with the first Covid jab , but after that , just a bit of a sore arm . Had to have it though , I was working front line at time . 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pfifes said:

Fair enough, we’re all entitled to our own opinion but without getting into Covid 19, do you think the influenza jab is as dangerous as the Covid one?  As it has been around for a long time.

I think we take a risk with any vaccine , not just Covid . I suppose the Flu jab , despite the fact it has been around a long time , can still affect some . Depends what they put in it 

Just now, lavery549@yahoo said:

Everyone is different . I did have problems with the first Covid jab , but after that , just a bit of a sore arm . Had to have it though , I was working front line at time . 

My story, two and a half weeks after my covid jab I developed severe muscle weakness in my thighs. It got progressively worse to the point where I could only walk about three hundred metres. After that I had to rest for couple of hours. It got to the point that I thought I was going to become  crippled. It would last for weeks and then I would get better, but come back weeks later. Happened three times in succession. It seems to be gone from my life now.

Interestingly, I was telling a friend about this and she told me a mutual friend had exactly the same symptoms shortly after his covid jab...

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

My story, two and a half weeks after my covid jab I developed severe muscle weakness in my thighs. It got progressively worse to the point where I could only walk about three hundred metres. After that I had to rest for couple of hours. It got to the point that I thought I was going to become  crippled. It would last for weeks and then I would get better, but come back weeks later. Happened three times in succession. It seems to be gone from my life now.

Interestingly, I was telling a friend about this and she told me a mutual friend had exactly the same symptoms shortly after his covid jab...

Draggle , which vaccine did you have ? 

48 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

The last time I had the flu was 2012. I remember laying on the settee with a high temperature, hot one minute and cold the next, my thoughts all over the place. I remember thinking that I might die, but it wouldn't matter. I was well out of it.

Know what you mean . But ,one day I had to laugh . The phone rang & I didn't have one upstairs at the time , so more or less crawled downstairs , because I thought it may be Mum . Got there , eventually , & answered phone & this pleasant young lass , said " Hi , this is Lisa from Fitness First , I am just letting you know we have an offer on " . I said , excuse me , but I have Flu , so don't think I will be bothering . She was devastated & said " I am so sorry for ringing " . 

6 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

I never thought of that Helen, thanks. :) 

I look on it a bit like one of my fave films , Close Encounters . We have smaller white cells that fight infection ,( smaller ships ) , and then when they struggle , the bigger ones kick in ( Mother Ship ) . That is probably what happened to you . 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Know what you mean . But ,one day I had to laugh . The phone rang & I didn't have one upstairs at the time , so more or less crawled downstairs , because I thought it may be Mum . Got there , eventually , & answered phone & this pleasant young lass , said " Hi , this is Lisa from Fitness First , I am just letting you know we have an offer on " . I said , excuse me , but I have Flu , so don't think I will be bothering . She was devastated & said " I am so sorry for ringing " . 

I'm surprised that you got such a sympathetic response from the caller! Love it!

• Haha 1