3 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

I think that is the one that ended up being withdrawn because of the dangerous side effects . One of them being clots . 

I didn't know that, interesting, thanks.👍

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

I was tittering away Draggle as I crawled back upstairs 🤣

You wouldn't be crawling if I was chasing you.

You'd be going faster than Usain Bolt....

14 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

I think that is the one that ended up being withdrawn because of the dangerous side effects . One of them being clots . 

Yes, I had 2x Astra Zeneca jabs.  It made me quite ill and many friends were the same.  It is possibly quite dangerous.

• Like 2

How come there threads keep on getting diverted to Covid?

As far as I'm aware, the combined Flu/Covid vaccination is still being trialled and not part of any general release strategy.
This year, the two programs are being rolled out together for efficiency, but not in the same syringe/
Flu and COVID-19 Seasonal Vaccination Programme: autumn/winter 2024/25  NHS

Campaign timing
As stated in the National Flu Immunisation Programme 2024 to 2025 letter, flu vaccinations for pregnant women, and all children’s flu cohorts, will commence from Sunday 1 September 2024.

The main flu and COVID-19 vaccination campaign will commence on Thursday 3 October 2024.

Vaccination of all COVID-19 cohorts will start on 3 October at the same time as all other adult flu cohorts, as set out in the flu letter.

An October start date reflects JCVI advice that the flu vaccine’s effectiveness can wane over time in adults and so a later start date is preferable.

The advice differs for children, because flu circulates in this age group earlier and protection lasts longer. This was set out in the flu letter on 12 March and reconfirmed on 18 June 2024.

The start date for COVID-19 vaccinations aligns to flu to support co-administration of flu and COVID-19.

Two-in-one flu and Covid jab passes advanced trial BBC

Fewer injections would be more convenient and simpler, Moderna says.

Chief executive Stephane Bancel told BBC News he hoped the messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) vaccine could be made widely available in 2026 - or perhaps, 2025.

"We are very delighted about the results, because it’s the first time in the world that a company is able to show positive phase-three results combining in a single dose flu and Covid vaccine," he said.

"You get one dose, one needle," which meant "ease and peace of mind for the consumer".

Competitors Pfizer and BioNTech are testing a similar two-in-one mRNA vaccine against flu and Covid.

Scientists hope mRNA vaccines will be faster to make and update than the current ones used against flu, and be a better match for ever-changing strains

Padders , actually , this thread was meant to be a giggle about men suffering with Man Flu , or when they catch a cold , it turns ( in their eyes ) , something much worse . They moan about " OOOO I don't feel well . 🤣.But it then turned into a proper Flu thread .

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Padders , actually , this thread was meant to be a giggle about men suffering with Man Flu , or when they catch a cold , it turns ( in their eyes ) , something much worse . They moan about " OOOO I don't feel well . 🤣.But it then turned into a proper Flu thread .

Well we are moving towards flue season now unfortunately 🙁

I suppose Covid has been mentioned as the jabs are often given at the same time as the flue  jab and both can have side effects.  Although my experience is that the flue jab is completely fine; the Covid jabs are a different story.  I believe the Astra Zeneca one is now discontinued but the Pfizer is still used.  I had side effects from that one too that lasted several days!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pfifes said:

Well we are moving towards flue season now unfortunately 🙁

I suppose Covid has been mentioned as the jabs are often given at the same time as the flue  jab and both can have side effects.  Although my experience is that the flue jab is completely fine; the Covid jabs are a different story.  I believe the Astra Zeneca one is now discontinued but the Pfizer is still used.  I had side effects from that one too that lasted several days!

Yes Astra Zeneca has been discontinued pififes . I had Pfizer each time , as I said apart from first time , I was fine .