Notting Hill Carnival: Woman in life-threatening condition after three people stabbed

12 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

What in my post is nuts?

Now obviously I am assuming you have intelligence to realise that my first paragraph is tongue in cheek, but the rest is a totally valid argument.

"A big ball of happiness"

Stabbings.

A women stabbed whilst with her child.

Sexual assaults

Emergency workers assaulted 

90 arrested.

Such fun.

0.004% of attendees cased trouble and were arrested.  So very very clearly for the vast majority of attendees, police staff, and volunteers, it was such fun. 

Stop exaggerating problems that don't exist to try and desperately justify some point.

• Like 2

Just now, ECCOnoob said:

0.004% of attendees cased trouble and were arrested.  So very very clearly for the vast majority of attendees, police staff, and volunteers, it was such fun. 

Stop exaggerating problems that don't exist to try and desperately justify some point.

How have you come to this statistic?

I apologise.

Nothing to see here, let's brush it under the carpet.

• Haha 1

Just now, Al Bundy said:

How have you come to this statistic?

I apologise.

Nothing to see here, let's brush it under the carpet.

90 arrests according to you.... out of a recorded 2 million people attending over the two days. 

It's maths.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

90 arrests according to you.... out of a recorded 2 million people attending over the two days. 

It's maths.

This recorded 2 million is just guess work but I understand where you are coming from.

Let's just not discuss the serious incidents then.

👍

Nobody is brushing anything under the carpet.  The small number of incidents have been widely reported across all sorts of media and directly confirmed by the police. 

But let's not make out, as you clearly were suggesting, that the carnival is some feral out of control crime hotspot where everyone attending puts their lives at severe risk the moment they step outside their door.

• Like 2

Just now, ECCOnoob said:

Nobody is brushing anything under the carpet.  The small number of incidents have been widely reported across all sorts of media and directly confirmed by the police. 

But let's not make out, as you clearly were suggesting, that the carnival is some feral out of control crime hotspot where everyone attending puts their lives at severe risk the moment they step outside their door.

Come on now stop with the melodrama, you are better than that.

I am just posting facts, nothing more, unless you want to question the MET or the Guardian?