Notting Hill Carnival: Woman in life-threatening condition after three people stabbed

5 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Has Starmer or Khan condemned the thuggery and criminality that went off at the carnival  ?

Not yet but rest assured they will. They'll also use every resource available to identify, apprehend and jail those responsible by next week at the latest 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/aug/27/notting-hill-carnival-crime-cop-critics-met-police

And there we have it.

The Guardian giving air time to someone who thinks the MET and logistics are to blame.

"This year is no different. Carnival is viewed through a prism of crime in a way that no other large festival or major sporting event is. Is it because a very large gathering of black people is automatically seen as a potential crime hotspot"

No Leroy, it's because it IS A HOTSPOT you silly man.

"It’s not viewed with national pride, similar to something like policing England playing at Wembley – even though such matches often involve violent incidents, and police being assaulted"

Err, no Leroy, that's just pathetic whataboutery.

"I can see why. However I would suggest this can create a “them and us” scenario, where the carnival revellers feel police are unduly imposing themselves and stifling the carnival atmosphere"

Well Leroy, if people behaved then there wouldn't be the requirement of so many police to protect innocent people would there you absolute buffoon.

I despair at times, I really do.

• Like 2

Show me another event that has a million plus people all gathering in one area over 2 days. 

How does the supposed 'out of control crime hotspot' that you describe compare to other  mass gatherings. If you have say 100,000 drunken football fans, how many of them potentially commit a crime during the festivities and then scale that up x10 to make it a fair comparison.

Even a child of below average intelligence will be able to work out that if you have a million plus people gather together in one place it is almost impossible for it not to be totally crime-free. Some of those crowds will inevitably be there to cause trouble and harm people. It's how the police respond. That is the key and seemingly they responded quite well given the arrest numbers.  As I have said multiple times on this thread even with the updated crime and arrest figures from the Carnival, the number of people committing crimes versus the number of people attending is still absolutely minimal. 

People like you exaggerating it out of all reasonable proportion to try and push some agenda precisely proves the point in the article.

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Has Starmer or Khan condemned the thuggery and criminality that went off at the carnival  ?

At least they didn't whip up the violence by the use of inflammatory language.

9 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Show me another event that has a million plus people all gathering in one area over 2 days. 

How does the supposed 'out of control crime hotspot' that you describe compare to other  mass gatherings. If you have say 100,000 drunken football fans, how many of them potentially commit a crime during the festivities and then scale that up x10 to make it a fair comparison.

Even a child of below average intelligence will be able to work out that if you have a million plus people gather together in one place it is almost impossible for it not to be totally crime-free. Some of those crowds will inevitably be there to cause trouble and harm people. It's how the police respond. That is the key and seemingly they responded quite well given the arrest numbers.  As I have said multiple times on this thread even with the updated crime and arrest figures from the Carnival, the number of people committing crimes versus the number of people attending is still absolutely minimal. 

People like you exaggerating it out of all reasonable proportion to try and push some agenda precisely proves the point in the article.

Absolute whataboutery on a gargantuan scale.

Quite impressive.

Have a like.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

A no then . :thumbsup:

I'm in no doubt that Sadiq Khan and Kier Starmer condemn the violence at Notting Hill carnival. 

Even senior member of the Tory Party are saying that Tories, by virtue of their use of language on immigration, fuelled the recent riots:

Top Tories fuelled riots with ‘divisive language’ on immigration, say party grandees

• Haha 1