Traffic effects locally of Tour of Britain- Thursday 5 September

7 hours ago, Cody's Granddad said:

Sorry, I stand corrected I'm thinking it starts in Derby to Barnsley.

So yes it will be a bit more painful for the moaners, but not me, I will be at the top of Jawborne on the day

Quite a few fair old climbs. OK, not the TdF but wouldn't fancy cycling Cannon Hall up to Hoylandswaine, Penistone up through Cubley to top of Hunshelf followed shortly by Oxspring Bank up to Thurgoland, Traccy busses didn't like them  climbs when I was at "skoil" at Penistone late 60's early 70's.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Longcol said:

Quite a few fair old climbs. OK, not the TdF but wouldn't fancy cycling Cannon Hall up to Hoylandswaine, Penistone up through Cubley to top of Hunshelf followed shortly by Oxspring Bank up to Thurgoland, Traccy busses didn't like them  climbs when I was at "skoil" at Penistone late 60's early 70's.

Jawbone for me it's painful.for me that is

5 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

Looks like it’ll be a wet race too! 😬

I recorded it live thinking I might be on TV but it cut for adverts halfway down Rivelin Valley Road and when it came back on the leaders were nearly up at the Admiral Rodney on Loxley Road.

Likewise up at Redmires Road / Lodge Lane. I had it on SkyGo on my phone so I could track the approach, and as the riders got to Brown Hills Lane (about 2 mins away) it cut to a 5 minute advert break, after which the peloton was halfway down Lodge Lane. Anyway, still quite a spectacle to see it all flash by.