Have you had an injury at work ?

On 26/08/2024 at 18:26, lavery549@yahoo said:

Apart from tripping over a caution wet floor sign 🤣. I tried stopping this guy from falling , big NO NO according to our training , but it was a reflex action . Ended up , ramming my finger into the bedframe & breaking it !!!!

image.png.e1276f4cc1ca51656de7dde21be02e0b.png

Excuse me for asking but.....a wet floor sign, you tried to stop a guy from falling, and then broke your finger on the bed! A very unusual and interesting accident don't you think. 

18 hours ago, Tipstaff said:

Yes,  I laughed, coughed and then  sneezed.  I knew I shouldn't have had that chicken madras the night before.  💩🤣

I hope the subsequent cleanup wasn't too complicated. Doubt it though! 😂

11 hours ago, spilldig said:

I had a nail go through my foot when I worked on the building sites. I jumped down and never noticed it sticking up.  Ended up in hospital with a plank of wood still nailed to my foot.

An owner of a local skip company died of a nail through a workboot years ago. Septicemia.

4 hours ago, Padders said:

What amazed me is the things you think about on your way down, all in a slit second..

I was in a bad car accident when I was young, the car seemed to spin around several times on impact and the car that hit us ended up on its roof and went skimming along the road.

What I remember most though was how time seemed to slow down, it was like the whole thing happened in slow motion.

Amazingly, no one was hurt.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Seemed like forever and as I knew I was heading for a concrete drive , all I kept saying to myself was protect your head . 

Same as me in a car accident when I was young.  I experienced the accident in slow motion.

3 hours ago, Draggletail said:

Same as me in a car accident when I was young.  I experienced the accident in slow motion.

Yes it’s a peculiar experience isn’t it?

Happened to me in the late ‘70s on the Leeds ring road when 2 cars came across me at a roundabout instead of giving way as the should have done. I managed to miss the first idiot but couldn’t avoid the second one.

The images I experienced before crashing into the other vehicle were like stop motion as though my brain was giving me time to get ready for the impact.

Never had the feeling since thank goodness.

echo

• Like 1

Missed the last 3 steps on some stairs while carrying a TV cabinet, rolled my ankle... probably should have gone and got it X-rayed.

Had the top pallet from a stack topple off and slide down my face, much blood and a trip to A&E

Had a double bailer head come loose while unjamming it and rolled into my finger, crushed the fingernail into my finger, trip to A&E to get it pulled out.

Got my hand stuck between a forklift and a shelf... should have gone to A&E for that one too.

3 hours ago, Pyrotequila said:

Missed the last 3 steps on some stairs while carrying a TV cabinet, rolled my ankle... probably should have gone and got it X-rayed.

Had the top pallet from a stack topple off and slide down my face, much blood and a trip to A&E

Had a double bailer head come loose while unjamming it and rolled into my finger, crushed the fingernail into my finger, trip to A&E to get it pulled out.

Got my hand stuck between a forklift and a shelf... should have gone to A&E for that one too.

Crikey...

Are you Frank Spencer?