Oasis reunion

59 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Congratulations to those who were able to get tickets but this practice of surge or dynamic pricing absolutely stinks.

I understand that the tickets which were originally priced at around £150 escalated to to around £450 whilst people were already queuing on the website.

I wonder what proportion of tickets were actually sold at the original “face value”.

But it’s common commercial practice. Try looking at a room rate board at any hotel reception. They don’t exist anymore, the price fluctuates from day to day according to demand.

The price of a train ticket can differ on the same train from day to day according to demand. 
Even such places as Wetherspoons prices can vary from pub to pub, there’s 3 in Blackpool and another in Thornton Cleveleys all with differing prices.

Welcome to the 21st century.

@YorkieontheTyne

I think those instances are a little different in respect of the time frame in which a quoted price is offered and can be accepted.

If there was little demand for a particular concert or event I doubt that prices would reduce whilst you were on line with the agency.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cressida said:

Son got two tickets £148 each.

Well according to YorkieontheTyne he should be able to exchange them for a 3 bedroom semi in a nice area. If he can hold on a bit that might even change to a detached in Alderley Edge.😆

echo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, RJRB said:

@YorkieontheTyne

I think those instances are a little different in respect of the time frame in which a quoted price is offered and can be accepted.

If there was little demand for a particular concert or event I doubt that prices would reduce whilst you were on line with the agency.

Maybe so, but it’s the old adage supply and demand. And as ever, you are free to decline the higher prices.

• Like 1

Can anyone explain the appeal of any particular group or genre of music to anybody else?

I cannot understand the appeal of Sinatra,Elvis Costello or modern jazz .

My 2 sons did like Oasis when teenagers but now think their music has not aged well and had no interest at all in going to see them again.

2 minutes ago, janie48 said:

I  think they have become more popular than they ever were lately. Mainly due to the publicity they've been getting, especially on the BBC. 

Yes and the fact that they've been off the radar for a long time.

3 minutes ago, cressida said:

Yes and the fact that they've been off the radar for a long time.

Their music has been played a lot on the radio too, so that will attractio younger people who may not have been familiar with music before.

• Like 1