Worst present you have ever had

1977, 13 years old and into punk, mum bought me a second hand radio cassette recorder for xmas, my sisters bought me a blank tape for recording the John Peel show,

aunty buys me the best of Jim Reeves!! out came the sellotape and I had another tape to record on 🤣

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Slighty batty said:

My ex husband once gave me a milk pan for my birthday. Not quite the gift to set a girls pulse racing. And once he went on a business trip to Turkey, and when he came home he went on and on about how stylishly and elegantly the Turkish women dressed. Then he said he’d seen an amazing red silk blouse in a shop there. I asked “I don’t suppose they had it in my size?” and he said oh yes, they did. So I said “Was it very expensive?” and he said no, not at all expensive. Then he said “By the way, I’ve brought you a present…” and I was thinking yaaay! he got me the silk blouse. But no, it was half a kilo of pistachio nuts. And I said “I think you know I don’t really like pistachios all that much” and he replied “Yes, I do know that but I thought you could share them with my boss.” 

I think he must have been pistachiod when he was talking to you!😆

echo.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Padders said:

I was given one in 1958 for my birthday.

Still got it and it's never won owt!

You should have filled it in and sent it off Padders.😃

You’ve got to be in it to win it.

echo.

• Haha 1