Waitrose shoppers revolt over toilet rolls

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

What floor do you live on? 

Could be one of the posh flats on the site of the old Wards brewery for example. A right mix of housing within walking distance.

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

Could be one of the posh flats on the site of the old Wards brewery for example. A right mix of housing within walking distance.

Oooh, it'll make a good 15 minute city then. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

There is an incredible mixture of housing within walking  distance of Waitrose. Thats definitely reflected in the people who shop there.

I guess it is cheaper to suck up Waitrose’s prices than it is to drive/bus to Tesco.

I like Waitrose stuff, but I don’t shop there often.

Just now, The_DADDY said:

Oooh, it'll make a good 15 minute city then. 

Not in the understanding of the conspiracy theorists, Nowt to stop people going in or out of the area seeing it's on the inner ring road and between two main roads coming into the city.

2 hours ago, pfifes said:

Shoppers have been left flushed with anger after finding out Waitrose has decreased the size of their loo rolls.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13730187/amp/Waitrose-shoppers-supermarkets-toilet-rolls-shrinkflation.html

Jeez, newspapers more than anything are  masters of making something out of nothing. 

"Shoppers revolt" my arse.  What they mean to say is one grumbling pensioner goes crying about it to The Times and a handful of the Twitterati make some comments about it on the internet. 

To top it off, the Daily Fail then creates a completely separate story reporting about the story from some bloke commenting to The Times.

Part of me really would love to sit one of their editorial meetings just to see how they possibly manage to create so much excrement to fill their websites and print 'news'papers everyday.  

• Haha 1

Oh and just to top it off, the impact of those  scathing reviews on the Waitrose website can't have been that severe because the product in question is still scoring an average of 3 and 1/2 stars 

Edited by ECCOnoob

6 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

There is an incredible mixture of housing within walking  distance of Waitrose. Thats definitely reflected in the people who shop there.

I guess it is cheaper to suck up Waitrose’s prices than it is to drive/bus to Tesco.

I like Waitrose stuff, but I don’t shop there often.

When we lived in Sheffield (Crookesmoor / Commonside) we tended to use it one week out of 4  and mainly used Morrisons, Hillsborough.

5 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Never been in a Waitrose because I am a true  , working class , rufty tufty Northerner . :thumbsup:

That's no excuse I've only been in the one on Kensington High Street,  not been in another except Wilmslow one (we are nearly all descended from peasants, what does it matter)