Waitrose shoppers revolt over toilet rolls

9 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

I'm surprised Waitrose even sells bog roll.

I assumed anyone who shops there would have a bidet at home.

What!  You mean they don't have newspaper stuck on a 6 inch nail?

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Prettytom said:

There is an incredible mixture of housing within walking  distance of Waitrose. Thats definitely reflected in the people who shop there.

I guess it is cheaper to suck up Waitrose’s prices than it is to drive/bus to Tesco.

I like Waitrose stuff, but I don’t shop there often.

I’m not a regular Waitrose shopper and could therefore be wrong….but I don’t think the ‘basic’ items they sell are generally more expensive than elsewhere.  I think the difference is that they sell more fancy stuff than the average supermarket and it’s easy to get sucked into buying these things.  

1 hour ago, cressida said:

forgot to mention we buy kitchen rolls and tear the pieces in half.

The Yorkshire Water blokes who unblocked the pipe near me recently said that using kitchen roll is frowned upon. Apparently it doesn't disintegrate in the sewer in the same way toilet roll does.

1 hour ago, mad-dad said:

The Yorkshire Water blokes who unblocked the pipe near me recently said that using kitchen roll is frowned upon. Apparently it doesn't disintegrate in the sewer in the same way toilet roll does.

They should be made to be bio-degradable,  tear one piece into quarters,  the very cheap flimsy k. rolls.

13 hours ago, pfifes said:

Shoppers have been left flushed with anger after finding out Waitrose has decreased the size of their loo rolls.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13730187/amp/Waitrose-shoppers-supermarkets-toilet-rolls-shrinkflation.html

We used to get this, was good quality and reasonably cheap.

Noticed the change immediately, it's not just the size. Now the level of stuff you get in corner shops that you only buy when absolutely desperate.

They would argue it's not shrinkflation, since the price has reduced, but the quality has nosedived far, far more than the price.

A bit daft really, was one of the things you couldn't get anywhere else.

We used to shop there regularly, is closest to our house, but we've only been once since, to see if it'd swapped back. 🤭

Edited by Bamanamanana