Doctors union sees membership PLUNGE as hundreds quit in fury at 'bonkers' trans stance

Doctors have quit the British Medical Association (BMA) in fury over the union’s opposition to the Cass review, labelling it “bonkers”.

Hundreds of members, including NHS leaders and former presidents of medical royal colleges, have voiced their “dismay” at union leaders for voting to reject the review that gave recommendations on gender identity services for children.

They allege that the union has been taken over by an ideologically driven “vocal minority”.

In April, a report by paediatrician Dr Hillary Cass found that young people had been “let down” by health services due to a lack of reliable evidence on how safe transitioning is for children.

The BMA widely accepted its findings but said they would set up their own group to “publicly critique” the review, which contained recommendations they slammed as “unsubstantiated”.

The feud began on July 31 when the union’s council, an elected body composed of 69 members, announced it would lobby against its implementation of the review, which recommended stopping the prescription of sex hormones to young patients with gender dysphoria.

Critics slammed the decision as not representing the views of all members, critiquing the BMA’s “abysmal” leadership” which was becoming “increasingly bonkers and ideologically captured”.

Jacky Davis, a consultant radiologist and council member, told The Times: “This minority has voted to block the implementation of Cass, an evidence-based review which took four years to put together.

Your thoughts?

https://www.gbnews.com/news/doctors-quit-british-medical-association-bma-trans-stance-cass-review

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Much as I take anything from GB "news" with a massive pinch of salt, this trans stuff is going to extremes now. Let children enjoy being children. Luckily, I was grown up when I realised that I had been born into the wrong body, and I was meant to be born as a toaster.

• Haha 2

For my fellow lefties whose knees started to feel a bit jerky when they saw the link to GB News, Sonia Sodha has an excellent and thorough piece on this in The Guardian: The BMA’s stance on puberty blockers defies the key principle of medicine: first, do no harm.

For background, read this: Time To Think: The Inside Story of the Collapse of the Tavistock's Gender Service for Children, by Hannah Barnes.

Edited by Bellatrix
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

I have to say , it worries me when Gender Identity & children are concerned , especially young children . Can they not just be children ? .There is so much risk of Mental Health problems when dealing with this subject , especially with youngsters . 

Is the correct answer, anything other is child abuse or folk just being argumentive for the hell of it.

Maybe I'm wrong or oversimplifying it, but it worries me that a girl who might have once been classed as a "tomboy" because of what they wear or the activities they enjoy may now be told that they're in the wrong body and need chemicals and/or operations to "correct" them.

8 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Maybe I'm wrong or oversimplifying it, but it worries me that a girl who might have once been classed as a "tomboy" because of what they wear or the activities they enjoy may now be told that they're in the wrong body and need chemicals and/or operations to "correct" them.

That's just the beginning of the craziness...

It seems to be predominantly men wanting to become women... but they can't define what a woman is despite them wanting to be one... however, men can now ovulate and give birth because it's a biological woman who has decided they are a man despite displaying none of the characteristics...

The extreme left claim that genitals don't confirm sex... until the sex of a boxer with a genetic anomaly and XY chromosomes, displaying features more towards masculine, is questioned and they shout that it's a female because they have female parts, going against the usual pro-trans rhetoric.

Have you noticed that those trans 'women' often dress in an overly sexualised and outrageous way that no biological woman normal does (unless it's on certain websites...).

There are no trans children! Just parents with an agenda who have brainwashed them. The fact that detransitioners are de-platformed or silenced speaks volumes...

• Like 1