My First Thread. Tell Me Something About Yourself.

45 minutes ago, Padders said:

Hi ya Holly. :wave:

Nice to see you having your own thread.

I'm very similar to your Daddy. but more awesome.

5 foot 10 and a half inches tall. Owner and landlord of a very famous pub.

Blue eyes, blond hair, (long gone) not Longcol.

Super fit. (Like yourself)

Like watching and taking part in most sports.

Also like engaging in serious conversation with your Daddy.

I'm not like Echo when it comes to food, but at the moment I have a craving for Blackberries..

Keep posting Holly, we all luv you.

Awww and I love you too. You are all really great especially you Padders. I just told Dad that you said you are more awesome and he said Yes you are 😂

I love Blackberries we grow them on the garden but grapes are my favorite fruit. Chocolate is my favorite food though. I'm only very short and I'm 4 foot 11 so I'm teeny tiny but I can eat more than anyone in my house 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

Lots of people on here like to fight, but not with their fists.

I like to use the boxing equipment at the gym, but not been for a few years.

I hope it's not rude to ask but why did you stop going? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longcol said:

Colin - me and my wife Sue are retired and have lived in France for the last 6 years. Lived  in Sheffield for over 40 years, Sat outside the house using the laptop - and having a beer or two. Sue does most of the french speaking, I'm cook, cleaner, chaffeur, swimming pool attendant, gardener, decorator - and naturally the wine and beer connoisseur :thumbsup:

6'2" tall hence the Longcol nickname.

Congratulations on passing your driving test - it can be a real life changer - I know it did my self confidence the world of good and opened up loads of opportunities. Same for my eldest lad who passed last year and has walked into a pretty well paid job - and driven the 700 miles from Sheffield to our house a couple of times since,

Hiya Colin 👋 living in France must be brilliant. I'd love to go. I've always wanted to go to Italy and France. I almost went to Greece once but it didn't work out but hopefully I'll get to go to France or Italy some day. 

Thank you for your congratulations I'm really excited about driving. I have a motorway lesson tomorrow so I'm very excited and I'll be having more lessons until I get the car in a few months. 

I'm so excited 😊 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thug Life said:

I hope it's not rude to ask but why did you stop going? 

Just too busy, getting too old, lack of motivation, I may get back in the future.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Tipstaff said:

Welcome to the forum Holly.  I'm Tipstaff, I'm 5'9" and enjoy good food, good wine and nice holidays.  There are lots of nice people on here (also a few not so nice) and I'm sure you'll enjoy the banter and fit in nicely.

Hiya Tipstaff it's nice to talk to you. You are right there a lovely people here. There are some very funny people too I laugh so hard sometimes especially when Padders tells his stories 🤣 

I sometimes struggle with banter because sometimes I can't read people well but I'm learning and that's one of the reasons I was encouraged to join here. I read here mostly and like to give reactions to people's posts but I'm getting my confidence up bit by bit and I'm looking forward to posting more ❤️

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Thug Life said:

Hiya Colin 👋 living in France must be brilliant. I'd love to go. I've always wanted to go to Italy and France. I almost went to Greece once but it didn't work out but hopefully I'll get to go to France or Italy some day. 

Thank you for your congratulations I'm really excited about driving. I have a motorway lesson tomorrow so I'm very excited and I'll be having more lessons until I get the car in a few months. 

I'm so excited 😊 

Having a motorway lesson is very sensible Holly. I had one as soon as I passed my test and it was probably the most useful lesson I had.

Admire your ambition to go abroad - we drove to Italy twice from Sheffield. Venice and Florence are unforgettable. Even though you have to drive on the right it is fairly easy as apart from around cities there is a lot less traffic. On motorways in France you can often just see

one car 100 yards in front and one in the rear view mirror 100 yards behind.

All the very best.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tipstaff said:

Welcome to the forum Holly.  I'm Tipstaff, I'm 5'9" and enjoy good food, good wine and nice holidays.  There are lots of nice people on here (also a few not so nice) and I'm sure you'll enjoy the banter and fit in nicely.

Hi  Tipstaff and Holly. Well  I'm about the same as Tipstaff describes there except I'm 5'7. 

56 years old male, part time worker and the rest of my time trying to rescue stray cats and dogs, mainly in Eastern Europe.

Born in Sheffield, but since the age of 25 I've lived and worked mainly abroad.

Hobbies, Football, Tennis, renovating old stuff.

Can't say too much more as people might know who I am! 

• Like 1