Work place pranks

Bucket of sparks for the grinder.

I put a tape recorder in the false ceiling of our tea break room with an angry message that a certain colleague must go and see the boss immediately, there was 20 minutes blank tape and then the message. The workplace had an intercom system so it seemed believable.

I made a large trophy for the boss celebrating his fictional win of 'Head Technician Of The Year', it was decorated with all his stupid David Brentish catch phrases, we didn't get along. On my last day he nervously asked if I was going to kick his head in 😀

as an apprentice I was sent for a long stand, --unfortunately I knew about this so on being told to go into the yard I e

went off for the day and came back to clock out.on being questioned by the foreman I innocentley said " well I was told to go for the long stand so I did"  

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, buddysbuddy said:

as an apprentice I was sent for a long stand, --unfortunately I knew about this so on being told to go into the yard I e

went off for the day and came back to clock out.on being questioned by the foreman I innocentley said " well I was told to go for the long stand so I did"  

Wish I'd thought of that 😂

A former line manager, who was a bully and a micromanaging egotistical  half-wit with OCD,  had his office completely refurbished just before I left. 

I was compelled to leave him a present or two, especially because he had taken the day off on the day of my departure.

1.  An infusion of milk into the brand new soft furnishings 

2.  A brace of kippers concealed within the wall space behind a radiator near the desk.

He lived in Rotherham.  🤣

At just fifteen and one week old, I started to work as an office junior in a professional office.  I was asked to fetch the boss's sons' glasses from optician in town.  I'd heard about pranks and thought this must be one so refused.  

Office staff started to panic and I was eventually persuaded to go.

I really thought why couldn't his wife fetch them.

7 minutes ago, kris99 said:

At just fifteen and one week old, I started to work as an office junior in a professional office.  I was asked to fetch the boss's sons' glasses from optician in town.  I'd heard about pranks and thought this must be one so refused.  

Office staff started to panic and I was eventually persuaded to go.

I really thought why couldn't his wife fetch them.

Juniors have always been sent on 'errands'.  I suppose it's the norm and a test of how responsible they can be ?

My youngest son worked at an office where staff were expected to lock their computers if they nipped away from their desks even for a moment. Some people couldn’t be bothered to do that and so a way was found of “persuading” them. There was a shop in Antwerp called Mr B which sold kinky leather bondage gear etc for the male market. If anyone went to the loo or the coffee machine leaving their computer unlocked they’d come back to find their screen open at the Mr B website and everyone smirking at them. 

• Haha 1