Government Considering Stricter Outdoor Smoking Rules to Reduce Preventable Deaths

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

I tried loads of times to stop. I really need to but I seem to lack the necessary willpower. 

I stopped in January, I wasn't a heavy smoker, roughly 8-10 a day but I really loved a ciggy in the morning with a coffee, after some food or with a beer, I literally couldn't see me ever stopping.

Then one day I decided to try stopping and bought a disposable vape. The first 3 weeks was tough but not that bad, the vapes helped the cravings.

As time went on I found myself not bothering with the vape as much because I didn't really enjoy it like I did a ciggy, but they really really helped when I had a craving. It's now August and I don't even think about having either, doesn't even cross my mind to have a ciggy with a coffee.

I dont necessarily feel any healthier I must admit but obviously I know quitting will give me a better chance of living longer which is what I want and I don't suffer from headaches like I used to.

If I can do it, anyone can.

👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I stopped in January, I wasn't a heavy smoker, roughly 8-10 a day but I really loved a ciggy in the morning with a coffee, after some food or with a beer, I literally couldn't see me ever stopping.

Then one day I decided to try stopping and bought a disposable vape. The first 3 weeks was tough but not that bad, the vapes helped the cravings.

As time went on I found myself not bothering with the vape as much because I didn't really enjoy it like I did a ciggy, but they really really helped when I had a craving. It's now August and I don't even think about having either, doesn't even cross my mind to have a ciggy with a coffee.

I dont necessarily feel any healthier I must admit but obviously I know quitting will give me a better chance of living longer which is what I want and I don't suffer from headaches like I used to.

If I can do it, anyone can.

👍

I don't feel healthier  but I'm much better than I would've been .

• Like 1

Just now, lavery549@yahoo said:

Well , vaping is OK , but now there are reports coming out that that is bad too in some cases 

Would be interesting to see these reports, and who/what commissioned them.

1 minute ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Well , I smoke , & I know it's bad . But once I stop , it will be my choice . I am under too much stress at the moment to do it . When the time is ready , I will stop 

I used to smoke Peter Stuyvesant, I was a cool cookie.

No Woodbine and Park Drive for me, and Roll Ups, Yuk!

The girls used to love it when I showed them my Stuyvesant...

• Haha 1

Just now, Padders said:

I used to smoke Peter Stuyvesant, I was a cool cookie.

No Woodbine and Park Drive for me, and Roll Ups, Yuk!

The girls used to love it when I showed them my Stuyvesant...

Oh hell Padders , there's a blast from the past , from they used to advertise them