Best Concert you have been to

26 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Mid 1960’s, Chuck Berry & the Moody Blues at Sheffield Gaumont.

I saw the shadows at the Gaumont in Rotherham, the Brookes Brothers on the same bill, Warpaint their one hit wonder.

• Like 1

Oh dear. To lower the tone…The Halle Orchestra conducted by Sir John Barbirolli at the city hall. The used to do matinee performances that today would be called “Concerts for Kids” or something similar. My dad took me after he’d finished work. The happiest times of my young life were spent with my dad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

Oh dear. To lower the tone…The Halle Orchestra conducted by Sir John Barbirolli at the city hall. The used to do matinee performances that today would be called “Concerts for Kids” or something similar. My dad took me after he’d finished work. The happiest times of my young life were spent with my dad.

We were taken every year from school to see the Halle, I used to look forward to it, my favorite was always the flight of the fire bird.

• Like 1

Just now, crisispoint said:

We were taken every year from school to see the Halle, I used to look forward to it, my favorite was always the flight of the fire bird.

Waltz of the Flowers for me, and yes I too was taken by school.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crisispoint said:

I went to see Halle Orchestra in Manchester . I adore Classical music , but I draw the line at Mahler . I fell asleep , & suddenly woke up & accidently kicked this woman in front . 😅. She said , REALLY !!!! , I apologised & felt a right nut

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Went to the Proms one year at the Bridgewater,  spoilt by woman next to trying to push my arm off the armrest,  I resisted because I'm good at that,

after the interval she moved and one of her mates sat next to me - no problem.

Worst thing was when I hurried for the tram  a bloke chased after me,  gave me his card and invited me to the Exchange Theatre - hmmm not likely! 

• Haha 1

I know what you mean there lavery about Mahler. When it comes to classical music I’m much more ClassicFM than Radio 3.

The New Years Day concert from Vienna on BBC 2 is a must for me, especially since retirement when I can watch it live as it were rather than the evening highlights due to working.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Conductor John Wilson at the Sage Gateshead. He was magnificent, it was an evening of Hollywood movie musicals, a 70 piece orchestra and guest singers.

Oh hauxwell , seen John loads at City Hall , so talented