Best Concert you have been to

18 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Conductor John Wilson at the Sage Gateshead. He was magnificent, it was an evening of Hollywood movie musicals, a 70 piece orchestra and guest singers.

I’ve seen him doing his stuff at The Proms, (on the telly, not live). Out and out class.

1 minute ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

I’ve seen him doing his stuff at The Proms, (on the telly, not live). Out and out class.

Yes I have seen him conducting at the Proms. He's a local lad from Gateshead who hasn't forgot his roots.  I hope to go and see him again in the future at the Sage. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Yes I have seen him conducting at the Proms. He's a local lad from Gateshead who hasn't forgot his roots.  I hope to go and see him again in the future at the Sage. 

Didn’t realise he was a local lad hauxwell. I’ll keep my eye open for him doing his stuff at The Sage or whatever it’s called now.

58 minutes ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

Didn’t realise he was a local lad hauxwell. I’ll keep my eye open for him doing his stuff at The Sage or whatever it’s called now.

I call it the Sage but I think it is also called The Glasshouse. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I call it the Sage but I think it is also called The Glasshouse. 

Whatever. It’s a bootifulll building. Every time I come into the city on the Metro I can’t help looking at it.😍.

7 minutes ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

Whatever. It’s a bootifulll building. Every time I come into the city on the Metro I can’t help looking at it.😍.

You certainly can't miss it walking along the Quayside.  It's lovely inside with fantastic views of The Tyne Bridges. 

• Like 1

• SheffieldForum changed the title to Best Concert you have been to

So many good gigs. i've been fortunate to be around the music industry and bands for a good portion of my life, so there's a lot to choose from.

One that immediately comes to mind is Tramlines 2013... when Tramlines was city centre, free and all the bars were doing stuff. I'd been around all weekend whether just watching gigs, helping some bands or even filming some stuff. Then virtually everyone who was anyone from any kind of band or part of the music industry all converged on the same place for the end of the Sunday and the end of the whole weekend to see this little up-and-coming band from North Wales that not many people knew about (but I'd seen for a few years and championed) called Catfish & The Bottlemen. It all felt very special and like you were witnessing not only a celebration of music in Sheffield, but the breaking of a band that deserved it for their hard work and performances. This was the result:

Just a year or two later Catfish & The Bottlemen were headlining the main stage at Tramlines when it was on Ponderosa and performing in stadiums and at The Brits, etc.

• Like 1