Summer of 76

Just now, lavery549@yahoo said:

Standpipes , I remember Mum in 76 , queuing or them in the scorching heat . Loved it though , the weather I mean .But I saw our neighbours at midnight , hosing his garden . Told Dad next morning 🤣

Snitch..

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Standpipes , I remember Mum in 76 , queuing or them in the scorching heat . Loved it though , the weather I mean .But I saw our neighbours at midnight , hosing his garden . Told Dad next morning 🤣

What a summer that was, blue skies from early May to Early September..

We took our little girls to Butlins at Filey in September.

It chucked it down?

• Like 1

Just now, Padders said:

What a summer that was, blue skies from early May to Early September..

We took our little girls to Butlins at Filey in September.

It chucked it down?

Yea , it broke in Sept , oh well , at least you all cooled off 

• Haha 1

Yes, that really was  a summer to remember. Wall to wall sunshine for days on end. I loved it!

I spent most of it sunbathing on the Psalter Lane Art College Roof, (I was working there.)

I think it's the only time I got a proper sun tan in this country. (We wanted one of those in those days, the risks weren't considered.) 

Now if we get 2 or 3 days of hot weather, all we hear about is global warming....

• Like 3

We had a big family holiday at a whitewashed cottage in the Lake District - me, mum and dad, my nan, uncles and aunties. Crazy characters and a laugh a minute. One of my aunties was having problems with hair loss and had a wig. I remember my uncle putting her wig on and doing a hilarious impersonation of a PG Tips monkey which had us all in stitches. My husband joined us as well. That was the summer we got engaged. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Anna B said:

Yes, that really was  a summer to remember. Wall to wall sunshine for days on end. I loved it!

I spent most of it sunbathing on the Psalter Lane Art College Roof, (I was working there.)

I think it's the only time I got a proper sun tan in this country. (We wanted one of those in those days, the risks weren't considered.) 

Now if we get 2 or 3 days of hot weather, all we hear about is global warming....

Oh exactly Anna . Panic comes along when we get hot weather now 🤣