Middlewood Hospital

I started my Pre Nursing in Sept 1974 . When I found out where I was going first , I nearly dropped . 16 & off I was going to Middlewood . I remember Mum saying , Helen , if you can get through this one , you will go all the way . So ,off I went on the bus , proper full of nerves . Talk about a very scary sight as I got off the bus . Like something out of a horror film , crows flying all around . I asked this man where main entrance was & he pointed . Turns out he was a patient . I thought once I was nearly through months later , that Mental Health was not the direction I wanted . But , I did learn a lot 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Well , after Mum's talk , I thought , best just get on with it 🤣

@lavery549@yahoo

Well I hope you don't take offence at this post.

I read all your posts, and I must say your very entertaining, odd at times, funny and a bit crazy.

Which begs me to ask you a Question.

When you say you "Worked" at Middlewood Hospital, can you confirm you weren't actually a patient?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Padders said:

@lavery549@yahoo

I read all your posts, and I must say your very entertaining, odd at times, funny and a bit crazy.

When you say you "Worked" at Middlewood Hospital, can you confirm you weren't actually a patient?

I'd just like to add, I've just read a post from you on the concert thread..

And I quote.

" Went to see the Halle Orchestra, fell asleep, woke up and kicked the woman in front, apologized and felt a right nut"

Which somehow confirms my suspicions..

30 minutes ago, Padders said:

I'd just like to add, I've just read a post from you on the concert thread..

And I quote.

" Went to see the Halle Orchestra, fell asleep, woke up and kicked the woman in front, apologized and felt a right nut"

Which somehow confirms my suspicions..

Yes Padders , I was waiting for someone to pick up on that fact . 🤣

42 minutes ago, Padders said:

@lavery549@yahoo

Nope , not in this life I wasn't , BUT ,I did meet one of my relatives there . I didn't know her , but Mum said she got put in there because she stole jewellrey from her parents !!!!! . 

6 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Nope , not in this life I wasn't , BUT ,I did meet one of my relatives there . I didn't know her , but Mum said she got put in there because she stole jewellrey from her parents !!!!! . 

Thank you Helen.

I hope you didn't mind me asking a very personal question.

I have to say I did notice a degree of insanity in some of your posts, which prompted me to dig a little further..

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Padders said:

Thank you Helen.

I hope you didn't mind me asking a very personal question.

I have to say I did notice a degree of insanity in some of your posts, which prompted me to dig a little further..

That's because I am quite barking 🤣