Dem Blades v The Hornets

Following from BBC  football website. 

Sheffield United have only won one of their last seven league matches against Watford (D2 L4), though it was their most recent clash in February 2023 (1-0).

Watford have won just one of their last seven away league games against Sheffield United (D2 L4), a 1-0 victory in October 2010.

Sheffield United are unbeaten in each of their last six home league matches in the Championship (W5 D1), netting 14 goals across those games.

Watford are looking to win each of their first four games to begin a Football League season for the third time, after doing so in the second tier in 1988-89 and the Premier League in 2018-19.

Statistically everything points to a score draw, but we will have to see. 

With trusty moving on, I hope that we will be defensively better. I have way more confidence in Souttar at the back than I would with the former. Souttar, Ahmedhodzic and Moore offer a physical, aerial threat from set pieces that we have lacked for a while as well.

Will be interesting to see how we set up with several midfield options available. I personally expect Moore up top with two players wide of him again, I have to admit however than I’m not overly fond of seeing Hamer out wide, although he does link up well with Burrows. Regardless though we need to surround Moore with outlets and options as opposed to putting him up top and expecting him to weather a storm alone. So we need direct runs through the middle of the park to create ‘10s’ and play off him. 

Watford are a form team and they will have a bit of confidence in them because it has been working, but I don’t think we need to fear them if we stick to our own game. Jebbo doesn’t fear me in the slightest, despite returning player syndrome. 

Stats say score draw, I say Home win with perhaps BTTS.

UTB

7 new players in our starting 11, facing a  very in-form team that has won their last 5 games on the trot.  

Some excellent performances there in today. Anel & Souza playing like we know they  can.  Burrows & Rak-Sakyi look like excellent signings. Souttar very solid.

7 shots on target vs Watfords 1.

Fast paced, more attacking, good passing.

Not too shabby to be fair.

• Like 1

Solid performance.

When you have one up top, you need options through midfield and we have them in abundance. As long as O’hare, Hamer, Rak-Sakyi, Brooks and co keep offering themselves up in the final third, this should continue to work nicely. Souza seems to have settled down again and he will happily mop things up in behind when called upon.

Very happy with that performance and result, keep them coming. Picking them all off at Bramall Lane will carry us a long way towards a decent season. There won’t be many coming to our place and beating us this season!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Well they don't have parachute payments so was only ever going to be one result 🙂.

Decent win though and could even afford a missed penalty.

Amazing result considering we don’t have a top manager and top back room staff too.

• Haha 1