Should prostitutes be made legal

5 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Some women get in with wrong crowd & find themselves addicted to drugs , so they turn to whatever means necessary to feed their habit . It's sad .

Women should be obscene and not heard...

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Draggletail said:

I think the term "working girls" is relatively new. Language changes and "Prostitution" doesn't seem to be used now, outside the legal profession, or so it seems. I don't know what you mean about "protected species" though. 

As I posted earlier in the thread, anyone selling their bodies for money is a desperate last resort. And if it is for buying heroin then so be it - heroin isn't a luxury, it's a product born of need, a need born from trauma or abuse, or both, or maybe of an addictive personality.

JUST TO BE CLEAR, I have never used heroin, but have known people who have. Just my thoughts. 👍

I really don't think the thousands of females with onlyfans accounts are on their last legs and desperate, far from it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Longcol said:

First time I know it was certainly used in the context of prostitution was on Steely Dan's track "My Old School" from their 1973  album "Countdown to Ecstacy"

"It was still September
When your daddy was quite surprised
To find you with the working girls in the county jail"

McCartney had used the term in  the intro to "Honey Pie" on the 1968 Beatles "White Album"

"She was a working girl

North of England way"

Might have just referred to a lass who had worked in a Mill or similar though - like Gracie Fields.

I'm with you regarding Steely Dan, and also tend to think that you're right that Paul was referring to someone who worked in a mill or similar.

11 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

I really don't think the thousands of females with onlyfans accounts are on their last legs and desperate, far from it.

Females with onlyfans accounts are not on the streets in the dark, vulnerable to being raped, abducted or beaten up by men that 'like it rough' or are psychopathic though. I think that just about every woman who is in that position is desperate for the cash.

Does onlyfans even count as prostitution? 

"Prostitution is the business or practice of engaging in sexual activity in exchange for payment.[1][2] The definition of "sexual activity" varies, and is often defined as an activity requiring physical contact (e.g., sexual intercourse, non-penetrative sex, manual sex, oral sex, etc.)" Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution

2 minutes ago, cressida said:

I wonder if they enjoy it more than other women,  going through the motions possibly,  Mariyn Monroe used to do her shopping list it was reported.

I usually think about what football games are coming up at weekend.

Wonder what she had on her shopping list?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cressida said:

I wonder if they enjoy it more than other women,  going through the motions possibly,  Mariyn Monroe used to do her shopping list it was reported.

We once watched a 'fly on the wall' TV programme about a 'sauna' in the east end of Sheffield. There was a scene with a customer and the woman he had sex with. He described her as  'a squirter' and if he was accurate with his description it would seem she could get sexual pleasure from the job.

Better for Women to work in an establishment rather than on the streets, far safer.