Should prostitutes be made legal

13 minutes ago, cressida said:

.... We've all had the same education almost,  so what's wrong with choosing a decent job, and the kids could be bullied at school....

I think that for some people, life circumstances, whether younger or older have left them with no choice other than to sell their bodies for money.

I don't think that it's a choice easily made, more a choice made out of desperation and need.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Draggletail said:

I think that for some people, life circumstances, whether younger or older have left them with no choice other than to sell their bodies for money.

I don't think that it's a choice easily made, more a choice made out of desperation and need.

I could imagine that in third world countries but not Europe.    Still very sad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cressida said:

I could imagine that in third world countries but not Europe.    Still very sad.

Hi cressida, I think you once commented (when I was talking about Jimmy Saville's atrocities) that you didn't like to read about stuff like that. Maybe it's similar with the idea of Women selling their bodies for money. Just a thought. x

3 minutes ago, Slighty batty said:

I get the impression that drug use often comes into it. 

The drug of choice, whether it be alcohol or heroin is commensurate with life circumstances and upbringing, due to no fault of their own. Desperate people do desperate things to feel better. 😔

2 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

The drug of choice, whether it be alcohol or heroin is commensurate with life circumstances and upbringing, due to no fault of their own. Desperate people do desperate things to feel better. 😔

Well I don't want to be judgemental but opinions were asked for,  if I've hit a nerve with anyone I didn't intend to.  😘@ Draggletail.

3 minutes ago, cressida said:

Well I don't want to be judgemental but opinions were asked for,  if I've hit a nerve with anyone I didn't intend to.  😘@ Draggletail.

@cressida Oh gosh no, you haven't hit a nerve with me at all! I've been interested in the stuff we're discussing for years! I would probably have had a very different career, but life circumstances dictated not. 😏 x

• Like 1