SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY v QPR

Wednesday only had themselves to blame for that result, lining up in a more familiar 343 they bossed the 1st half, the issue being when they got in and around the box, not enough bodies gambled to get on the end of the numerous balls played in and more often than not it was just Ugbo on his todd in there or the player chose the safe option, which frustrated all those in the stands.

And that was the story in the 2nd period, Rangers had a couple of decent efforts but Beadle was largely untroubled, it was there old achilles heel that came back to haunt them in the end after Bannan had seemingly won the points in stoppage time with a peach of a goal, namely defending set pieces, in the rugby scrum in Wednesdays penalty area the final touch was from a QPR defender not an Owls one, it was kamikazi stuff when all that was required was to keep the ball down the rangers end.

Same old story of not making the most of our chances. 10 shots and 1 on target in the first half says it all really, we're just not clinical enough as usual. Lovely goal from bannan but let themselves down in the end.

Still we've ended the loosing streak at least but should of been more.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rogets said:

Absolutely disgusted.

62 years old and been following the owls before the war and never have I seen the owls go in front on the 93rd minute, only to end up with a draw.

Agree. They usually end up loosing from that position so a draw is an improvement. 

Please tell me those that were left on 93 mins were bouncing up & down for a few mins & then suddenly stopped 3 mins later? 

5 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Agree. They usually end up loosing from that position so a draw is an improvement. 

Please tell me those that were left on 93 mins were bouncing up & down for a few mins & then suddenly stopped 3 mins later? 

Maybe but then how long were yours celebrating a win against these before bottling the 2 goal lead?😁.

It's always frustrating not winning from that position but I'd rather it been an equaliser than their winning goal.

Just listening to last night's Praise & Grumble. 

Everyone appears to be blaming Max Lowe for giving away a free kick, that led to a corner, that led to the QPR goal but Lowe is mainly getting grief because he played for the Blades. 

Well done Agent Lowe.