shows you loved as a kid

Paul Michael Glazier was my first ever crush! Loved Starsky and Hutch.

Liked the cartoons like Space Sentinels, The Perishers, Yogi Bear, Pink Panther,Top Cat,  Wacky Racers, Trumpton etc. 

Rentaghost was another fave. Grange Hill was good too.

Edited by Mister M
  • Like 1

Of the shows aimed at kids I loved the summer holiday shows: Why Don't You, Scooby Doo, Huckleberry Finn, The Monkees. 

I was a big Grange Hill fan during the Imelda years: I remember the shock at the deaths of Danny Kendall, and the kid who drowned in the swimming pool, (Zammo's mate Jonah was it?).  And Ant somebodyorother, Georgina's boyfriend: :love:

Others: Fame.  Danny Amatullo :love::

And I remember watching Hart to Hart on a Sunday night while my mum did my hair in ringlets.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Liked the cartoons like Space Sentinels, The Perishers, Yogi Bear, Pink Panther,Top Cat,  Wacky Racers, Trumpton etc. 

He was ok,  but David Soul was accused of domestic violence.

On 02/09/2024 at 17:30, Bellatrix said:

Of the shows aimed at kids I loved the summer holiday shows: Why Don't You, Scooby Doo, Huckleberry Finn, The Monkees. 

I was a big Grange Hill fan during the Imelda years: I remember the shock at the deaths of Danny Kendall, and the kid who drowned in the swimming pool, (Zammo's mate Jonah was it?).  And Ant somebodyorother, Georgina's boyfriend: :love:

Others: Fame.  Danny Amatullo :love::

And I remember watching Hart to Hart on a Sunday night while my mum did my hair in ringlets.

Why Don't You, of course! I never remember it as a Summer Holiday show! But it will have been because I remember watching it during the water shortage of 1976, I'm sure I had to go down to the standpipe with my Mum while I was watching it....

I liked Playschool too.

I always remember the children's drama the Phoenix and the Carpet - I think it was a BBC drama

Edited by Mister M
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I liked Playschool too.

And Playaway, with the magnificent Brian Cant. 

45 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I always remember the children's drama the Phoenix and the Carpet - I think it was a BBC drama

The Box of Delights.  Absolute classic early 80s adaptation from the BBC.  Christmas '84, I think.  And Dramarama, though I think that was ITV.

On 02/09/2024 at 17:12, Mister M said:

I remember Space Sentinels but probably 80s as would have caught on tv after school. 

Grange Hill- when you had Tucker (best years).

Spiderman and His Amazing Friends- another one I liked.

Shows like Dallas I watched with family members ,from 1983 to it's final 1991. Absolutely glued to that!

I caught some Starsky and Hutch, but would have been mid 80s when came to notice.

Also love The Incredible Hulk, tv series. 

• Like 1