shows you loved as a kid

Muffin the Mule.

Noddy and Big Ears.

Whirligig with Hank the Cowboy.

Bill and Ben the Flowerpot Men with Little Weed.

Billy Bean and his Funny Machine.

Billy Bunter.

The Appleyards and the Grove Family. First soap operas.

Just some of the children’s TV offerings in black and white on 10” screens that I recall in the ‘50s.

echo (and that was the make of the TV set although it was spelled Ekco.)

15 minutes ago, wearysmith said:

The Champions, The Man From U.N.C.L.E, anything with Gerry & Sylvia Anderson's name on, Time Tunnel, Danger Man/The Prisoner,  Land Of The Giants, My Favourite Martian, Z-Cars and, obviously, Dr Who. 

Land of the Giants :thumbsup:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

The only character I remember is Fitzhugh . Sticks in my mind for some unknown reason 

Yes, Kurt Kasznar as the cowardly self-serving Fitzhugh. A great part. He's passed, as have the lovely Deanna Lund and Don Marshall.

The rest are thankfully still around (I think!).

One day someone will try to remake it. It will be rubbish.

Kurt_Kasznar_in_Lili_trailer.jpg.4f2333ca3425de7da6156fbd84229d35.jpg220px-Don_Marshall.jpg.abd16de399adcc3d40d86538e4714b92.jpgDeanna_Lund_1968.jpg.d09b64d4cf1caaf52567a3005d293320.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Marine Boy . 😀

I used to like Marine Boy.  Think it was on, on Tuesdays.  Scooby Doo was Wednesday at 5pm I seem to remember. 

Also liked all the Gerry Anderson stuff, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet & Joe 90.

Vision On with the brilliant Tony Hart.  Really early as a child, Playschool & Playaway, especially when Brian Cant was on.  Here's the rest:

Candlewick Green. 

Trumpton

Poggle's Wood

The Herbs.  Altogether now, "He's a very friendly lion called Parsley.... He's Dill the dog, he's a dog called Dill." 

• Like 1